The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Electric driver seat problem

Guest french_fry007

Guest french_fry007

Hello,

My UK Specs Supra has a problem with its electric driver seat, it will only go forward or backward on the left rail, the right won't budge.

Tilt function works fine.

Any idea what the problem could be ?

Thanks

Gabriel (from France)

look under the seat to see if you can find a white plastic screw about the size of a 5 pence piece on the left side of the seat. Screw it back in and it will work again.

Mine didn't.

As said above, the drives are plastic and wear out after a while. Best to try and pick up a second hand seat and swap the frames. Easy enough to do.

Do a search for seat in the thread title......;)

H.

• 2 years later...
Guest asdfgh12121

theres a white little box on end of rail inside this is plastic gears that are won out. u have to take that little spindle(gears) to a gears tool maker and they will fix for you cheaper than a second hand seat good as new. my dads a mechanic and he discovered that. no one else knows;)

Guest asdfgh12121

supra seats all have that same problem with one rail going bust and everone has thrown them out until my dad found a way so helpin yas out because i went thru trouble to find second hand seat in my area any thing else just ask hopefully fixed bud