The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New to the forum!! :)

Guest Mr OBD

Hi guys and gals!

New to the forum here, not quite a Supra owner though, currently got an E36 328 BMW which is getting a little of the 2JZ-GTE engine treatment :)

So I have just nipped on here to say hi and gather various bits of information such as finding out what to look out for when buying an engine and other things like how far I can go with a total stock JDM engine with ECU tuning and even if that can be done or if it will require aftermarket management etc etc etc.

Please don't shoot me down just yet though because the engine is going in to the BM.

I LOVE Supra's and always wanted one, but insurance is a nightmare and it works out cheaper to replace the engine in the BM!!!!! How mad is that!

I am mainly from a VW Audi background as I even work in the VAG tuning market but I have previously owned a Honda CRX Del Sol B16A which got turbocharged and from all the FWD cars I opted to try a BMW, which so far is pretty good but needs some more punch!!

Well anyways! Hello!!!!!

Mike

Hehe yea I know I have seen them before :) you can even buy the moutings / propshaft etc from K-Conversions. Not sure on their quality of work so going to end up having some made.

I will deffo be putting some pictures etc up while doing. My car is currently getting a suspension overhaul first with some Superpro bushes, KW V1 Coilovers, H&R ARB's adjustable top mounts and new ball joints etc etc where needed.

Being on here was to find out what the engine can do and all yours guys experiances with various tuning upgrades! :)

Cheers though mate :D

Mike

P.S loving the Tesco Value Avatar! :)

Brett, I am thinking of using the stock twins for the time being - rather than building the engine and going big silly amounts of power I am only thinking of something around the 350bhp area.... not huge amounts.

And I know I could get somewhere close with an M3 engine but I want something different and with the 2JZ engine I will have a LOT more tuning options at a later date if the 350 isn't enough

Mike

Welcome to the club Mike :thumbs:

The stock 2JZ-GTE produces around 300-320hp at the standard boost pressure of 0.8bar. It is fairly easy to raise the power to around 380-400hp by removing the cats and raising the boost to 1.2bar (considered the safe limit on the stock turbos).

You should easily leave an E46 M3 with a 2JZ-GTE running at BPU levels, the M3 would get the jump off the start but once the turbos come online it'd be no contest.

I wrote a quick summary of the various tuning stages the other day which may be of help, see HERE.

Look forward to seeing the install photos.

Nic, that is just what I need to hear and what I need to see :D I will give it a good read over.... haha 380bhp I think will be totally fine for me!!

Big thumbs up dude :D

Mke