The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stowell

hey, im debating wether to get a supra and joined up to get some opinions, im only 19 and i did a quote on a supra tt and it was about £2200....and thats less than im paying on a saxo lol..just wondered about costs thats all, i could maybe stretch too about £100 a week for fuel, would that be enough...i do 20 miles a day to work and back, and maybe a few trips to college and back...looking also at maybe a n/a supra if not...what they like on fuel?

thanks guys..

welcome mate im a newbie too and i have just bought a n/a today and throughly enjoy it ive gone down in power as i used to own an evo 5 and i dont regret it one bit, its such a great drive. all i can say is take your time when looking for a supra and the right one will eventually become available. and i would also recommend to over a budget because no matter how much u set your budget u always go over it.

well im paying £2400 on insurance now, but when my ncb comes through..i could get a supra :D...its just day to day running costs thats stopping me deffinatly getting one, i mean my other option is a new shape sri turbo astra..which i could get about 30mpg from..just wondering if its going too be way too much and what mpg each supra gets, like n/a, single turbo and tt...i could work out how mcuh is would be a week then :p

Welcome to the club.

The Supra's are very thirsty on fuel (though decent considering their power). The NA will be slightly better on fuel than the TT, though you have to remember they are a 3.0L straight 6 engine. I only drive my car at the weekends & I don't do too much mileage and I still spend £200 a month.

Being 19, I'd be very cautious about getting a Supra from a saxo, I owned a number of high powered cars & occasionally drive Super cars & my TT still scares me sometimes. If you are really serious about getting a Supra then I suggest taking a look at the NA's. Brilliant cars, very reliable & will ease you into high powered RWD cars.

Have a good read on the forum, lots to learn :)

right, well ive always wanted one and then when i did a quote as a laugh and it came in quite cheap i was like a kid in a candy shop lol...just the petrol thats all..

why not add some water in the petrol to help with the bills....?

right, well ive always wanted one and then when i did a quote as a laugh and it came in quite cheap i was like a kid in a candy shop lol...just the petrol thats all..
If petrol is what is putting you off then, then you might be looking at the wrong car. ;)

NA supras are more £ to insure than a tt, i do about 16mile a day to work and back and fill up every week about £60

Depends on the insurance company. I personally never got a cheaper TT price over an NA....;)

Welcome Stowell.

I had an NA for three and a half years and loved it most of the time. The only times I didn't love it is where I got some boy racer thinking he was better than me in some avarage "eurobox" as he sped away from the lights. The NA is no slouch but a TT will terrify you and the power can be difficult to control especially in the wet.

My advice would be to try an NA for a year or two and get used to the feel and the ride of a RWD car, winter is always fun in one.

I now have an Tiptronic TT and to be honest I will not want to drive it that much in Winter conditions as I have a feeling that it will bite you if you are not careful.

There is plenty of choice on nice NA's around. A facelift Aerotop was for sale for a while recently and that is a rare car and a lot of car for the money. I also sold my NA without advertising it as the forum raised it's own interest....;)

Good luck.

H.