The mkiv Supra Owners Club

water leak from the passeger side of engine

mellonman

just took my car out and was driving it hard,i come in and got a drink and went back out to the car i noticed water coming from under the car,i though good dame it a spit pipe but on closer inspection found it to be on the passenger side of the engine which has got me worried as i dont think there are any water pipes that side can anyone confirm that for me?

i put more water in and drove like a nutter for ten minute to see if i could bring the fult on again but it was okay but i did leak alot

i do have are con,which is completly empty after a split air con pipe,and never turnt on so its not condesation

but it is deffenatly water from the engine as the radiator looses coolent its not a small leak it lost about 3 litres in 5minutes,

could this be the head gasket?

its not down on power and it does not do it all the time strange

i do have are con,which is completly empty after a split air con pipe,and never turnt on so its not condesation

but it is deffenatly water from the engine as the radiator looses coolent its not a small leak it lost about 3 litres in 5minutes,

could this be the head gasket?

its not down on power and it does not do it all the time strange

F

3 litres!:(

First off dont drive it, Secondly dont mix water with toyota coolent.

Could try looking at the oil cap and dip stick for mayo looking crud. Failing that the only other way to find said leak is to jack it up and get under it.

I cant see how a water loss fault can be on off. You sure its coming from the engine,

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

ju,i though good dame it a spit pipe but on closer inspection found it to be on the passenger side of the engine which has got me worried as i dont think there are any water pipes that side can anyone confirm that for me?

Oil cooler is cooled by coolant and runs through the oil filter housing so yes there are pipes that side. They are a mix of rubber hoses and alloy pipe work. I'd find the in and out hoses on the oil filter housing and follow them in/around the engine :)

Oil cooler is cooled by coolant and runs through the oil filter housing so yes there are pipes that side. They are a mix of rubber hoses and alloy pipe work. I'd find the in and out hoses on the oil filter housing and follow them in/around the engine :)

it did look to be coming from the oil filter housing but i thought that cant be right it would leak oil not water from there

it did look to be coming from the oil filter housing but i thought that cant be right it would leak oil not water from there

:) I repeat with a bit more detail :)

Oil cooler is cooled by coolant and runs through the oil filter housing so yes there are (coolant) pipes that side. They are a mix of rubber hoses and alloy pipe work. I'd find the in and out hoses on the oil filter housing and follow them in/around the engine :)

If one pipe is leaking/perished then I would replace all the small water pipes as they will all be in roughly the same condition, could be one of the water pipes to the idle control valve too, or the anti throttle icing on the TB, take the manifold off and change em all.