The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Speed camera worry

Clarkey

Some tit overtook me as I was passing a speed camera . I was doing 45mph (road angel reading) in a 50 zone.

He must've been doing > 55mph. I was very suprised and didn't think about looking my rear view mirror to see if the camera flashed. It may have flashed or may not have ... not sure.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks mate! Was worried that if it did flash the coppers would automatically assume it was a race or something.

It was poxy Mondeo of all cars ... I don't think he saw the camera to be honest. I didn't see it ... the road angel did tho! Well worth the cash those bits of kit.

I wonder if he would have overtaken you if you weren't driving a Supra...

Is it me, or do people speed up when they're behind/in front of a Supra? I have only had mine a few weeks, but I've certainly noticed a reaction like this from other drivers.:confused:

Yeah I've definitely noticed this too, only seems to be slower cars as well (there aren't many faster!!!!).

I've always driven at 30 down the seafront near my house, there's a lot of speed traps set up in a road there, people usually get pissed off sitting behind me, but I got overtaken by a biddy in a Honda Accord last week - first time it's happened!

Yeah the same thing has happened to me quite a few times. I think coz the Supe is v.fast - it looks v.fast ... other drivers - like your average ford mondeo expect you drive fast ... get pissed off when you obey the speed limit & overtake.

Or they're just pissed off that they're driving a Mondeo and we drive Supes .... and they think that by overtaking us it will piss us off and get a rise out of us.

Imo - anyway.

Originally posted by Clarkey_Sparkey

Was worried that if it did flash the coppers would automatically assume it was a race or something.

Any policeman who knows anything at all about cars would know that it is a fundamental law of nature that in a race between a Mondeo and a Supra, the Supra would be miles in front.

Hence, the fact that the Mondeo was in front of you implies that you could not possibly have been racing him.

Therefore, you are safe from any such speculation. :)

I got pulled AGAIN last night.

They couldn't work out what make of car I was driving

wasn't a problem, I wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere, though I was going fast in a 40

he never mentioned my speed though and was very polite just checking to see if I had nicked it!

They dont seem to care about minor offences this way, only interested in real criminals...

Hope they carry on with this stragedy...

It was 2am and nothing on the road.

and was surprised to see a second unmarked police car turn up, a Skoda lol.

:D

theres got to be a Skoda joke in this he he...'Why Do Policemen Drive Skodas?????????'

At 55 in a 50 if you only saw 1 flash chances are it didnt take the second pic. I beleive these camera's work by taking a pic at the start and then taking a second one at a pre-determined time gap. Thats what the lines are for, the amount of lines you have crossed tells them how fast you were going. Thats how I was aware they worked. Sometimes if its close to the trip limit it will take the first pic and if you have dropped enough speed across the lines it doesn't take the second one.