The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Temp. Turbo Removal

Guest Evo TME

Guest Evo TME

hey guys,

due to my Bahrain's crap regulations i cant register an imported Supra with an upgraded turbo. Sadly i dont have the stock Twin Turbos which would solve the problem so here is my question....is there anyway i can temporarily remove my T76 turbo just for the sake of registering the car then put it back on without any tunning or major changes.

I have heard a few ppl say that i can remove the turbo, have a custom made exhaust manifold fabricated to redirect the exhaust to the down pipe. is this possible??? or anybody has any other solutions?? is it safe??

thanks

i think the only thing you can do is put on the complete stock twin turbos with a decat pipe which should connect to your main exhaust system aslong a its not custom aswell. I take it as long as the car is running it would be enought to get it imported as some of the wiring and vacum pipes that control the sequential system probably has been removed when the single was fitted but aslong as you have the water and oil feeds to the standard turbos them you should be able to run them in true twin turbo mode if you have a boost controller and get your ecu maped temp for the car to run with them. Well i think that should work but some of the more experienced members might be able to suggest a better way

Edited by Stephen G (see edit history)

He sould be able to run with the twins the way i described as long as i was only to get it registered in the country but to pass emmission test could be a harder and might require a set of cats be fitted and depending on what sort of fuel and management system the car is runing

He sould be able to run with the twins the way i described as long as i wasonly to get it registered in the country but to pass emmission test could be a harder and might require a set of cats be fitted and depending on what sort of fuel and management system the car is runing

He said in his original post that he doesn't have a set of stock twins :search:

I can't imagine they'd be easy to find in Bahrain either! He's asking if he can remove his single turbo and run the car without it by modifying the exhaust.

I'm not sure but I'm guessing even if this is possible you'd need the ecu remapping.

Edited by Dr_Doom (see edit history)

Guest Evo TME

yea i dont have the stock twin turbos, i want to run the car without any turbo for at least a day to register it. the emissions wont be a problem cuz they dont really test that.