The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Storm

dude

Mods please move this to the project section when you see fit.

This should be an interesting project for you guys to follow, car was built a while go by the new owners brother with a built engine and a T88 with 750 injectors, the ecu and fuel system left a lot to be desired, we have stripped the car ready for a decent paintjob its going to be done in Outrageous Blue Dye which is the same system used on Matts skyline, the veilside front and rear spoilers are being replaced by a bomex front and undisclosed rear at the moment, veilside overfenders are being added to get more rubber on, flocked interior with some trick Corbeau seats.

The car is a 6 spd, it has a triple plate clutch so all thats staying the same, the engine is being stripped and inspected and a virtual works turbo manifold with DBB turbo fitted, inlet is the same as mine with a slightly smaller throttle body, a direct port nitrous kit is going on with a Life racing ecu and military spec loom, exhaust will be 4", we are opening the engine up and checking everything to be on the safe side, depending on budget a one piece prop and uprated shafts will be making an appearance at some time. Front brakes are staying and rears will be upgraded.

The owner wants around 1000hp and a car capable of hitting 200 mph and running in the 10's but driveable on the road.

A few pics to kick off the thread

P1000534.JPG

P1000535.JPG

P1000536.JPG

P1000537.JPG

P1000538.JPG

P1000543.JPG

P1000547.JPG

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it will be a 1000BHP car when finished ? Ambitious :)

Not really the motor pulled well to 8500rpm and with a big enough turbo and a squirt of nos I can pretty much guaruntee 1000hp, having to keep quiet fuel pumps etc and road manners makes it a little more difficult but having the budget we have for the car means that target is pretty easily obtainable. I will pretty much build the car along the lines of mine for the road, the interior is going to be flocked same as mine it already has HKS suspension and decent front brakes, of course it will need a line lock etc and a waste gate plumbed into the exhaust with an open section (might do that with an electric cut out).

Dude, whats a 'millitary spec loom'? Using aircraft grade wiring or something?

Rachem coating apossed to braid. metal twist lock connectors all water proof. stainless hi pressure sprung loaded pins . silver wire etc..

Quoted by Handsome luke in my project thread, all wiring/ecu issues are being taken care of by him and Matt.