The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk Manual Supra Good Project Car

Tyson

I went to see this car before I bought mine, its a bit of a dog but might be a good project car for someone especially at the bargain price !!!! The pictures are very deceiving as I found out when I went to see the car. The paint work has rust patches that will need to be treated and the car will need no less than a full respray as it appears the previous owner washed the car with a yard brush !! The wheels will need refurbing as the finish has flaked off and it has some pitting. It will need a new driver and passenger seat as they are both shagged beyond redemption IMO. It has an idling issue which may or may not be something simple and cheap to fix. The alarm does not function properly and keeps the car immobilised. But at the bargain price of 8k for a 6 speed UK it is ridiculously cheap (when I saw it he had it up for 10k)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2015236.htm

If it's as you describe, I wouldn't pay more than £5k

Neither would I but it might be a fun project for someone to bring it back to its former glory. I just thought if you could do a lot of the work yourself you could have a mint UK 6 speed for a fraction of the price.

From the pics the drivers seat doesn't look totally shagged beyond redemption but recovering them is an easy fix along with getting the wheels refurbed, obviously the paintwork is an unkown till you see it in the flesh but a couple od days flatting then polishing could resurect it.

If its the o/e alarm its also an easy fix and just remove it and fit a new one, if it has full service history im supprised it has an idleing issue but again could be a cheap fix.

i might be wrong but i sold a very similar looking uk spec in blue with 155k miles.

I thought it was familiar from somewhere: I remember your thread. I'd be mildly interested to know if it's the same car.

Edit: especially since the advert claims 98k miles. Might be innocent, but that mileage puts it nicely under the 100k psychological threshold that people have.

Edited by stevie_b (see edit history)

I'm sure the owners on here, and not Jurgen, been for sale for ages IIRC.

maybe its not the same car but all the issues (alarm, idle, paint and seats and its excat same colour but with no PP) and it has full service history.( i cant see all UK cars been kept like this and all having same issues)..

i wonder why its not advertised on forum.:rolleyes:

Edited by Jurgen-Jm-Imports (see edit history)