The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey Everyone

Guest Smithers475

Guest Smithers475

Hey everyone, came across the site and thought i'd sign up seeing as I recently bought an mkIV 3.0L N/A (used to be supercharged) Supra and am interested in finding out everything I can about the car and will be doing research on aftermarket parts.

Here are some photos of the car:

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

Guest Smithers475
Welcome to the club mate. Is that a 1JZ? Looks like an interesting project, what are your plans for the future?

Where are you in Oz? I have lots of family around Melbourne / Geelong.

Hey, thanks for the welcome :) Nah, it's a 2JZ-GE. At this stage, I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket hood (thinking of the one on the orange supra in the fast and the furious) and some gas struts for the hood. Planning on either fixing up the supercharger or sticking a turbo in it, not too sure at this stage which one. Thinking of getting some new rims (the ones on there are 20s and make it look too high, plus they are the wrong dimensions for a supra). Planning on getting a wing as well, thinking of the veilside c1 at this stage or something like that. That's about it at the moment, will probably find some more things to do later.

I'm in the southern region of West Oz, other side of the country to your family.

Guest Smithers475
A supercharged supra.............now theres an idea, shame no one here has thought about doing it....

welcome and stunning car btw :)

Yeah, it's a bit different and thanks :)

I remember following the build of that car on Supraforums.com.au a few years ago, there should be a project thread on there about it. Remember it being up for sale a couple of years ago.

What's happened to the Supercharger?

ps. welcome to the club :thumbs:

Guest Smithers475
I remember following the build of that car on Supraforums.com.au a few years ago, there should be a project thread on there about it. Remember it being up for sale a couple of years ago.

What's happened to the Supercharger?

ps. welcome to the club :thumbs:

The supercharger in mine? it died on a dyno run when the previous owner had the car and he never had the time to look into it, so he gave me the supercharger and all the parts for it when i bought the car, when I get some spare money I'm gonna get it looked at and see if it can be fixed and if it's worth doing so, if not i'll probably just buy a new one.