The mkiv Supra Owners Club

golfs v soops

Guest slow dog

Guest slow dog

i am sorting out a track day at castle comb

golfs v supras lets end this once and for all the fastest time takes the respect

i got some cars linned up the rest is up to you guys and girls

lets end this now!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

Originally posted by slow dog

lets end this now!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

End what?

Are some crazy Golf drivers suggesting their cars are better than Supras or something?

How do you plan to "end this now" on a trackday anyway? Most won't allow racing of any kind so you can't really compare yourself with other cars other than seeing which ones you catch up - and then it comes down to the driver not the car, a well driven lightweight Saxo in the hands of an experienced driver could probably shame a lot of 400bhp Supras in the hands of a normal chap - it means nothing, at the end of the day one is a Golf, one is a Supra.

Guest slow dog

nope not taking the piss mate so if i come across as some one

that has a point to prove just thought it would be a great day out and a laugh :p

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

what about the green golf with audi 20v 4wd system :)

sounds like a right laugh:cool:

i had some fun with a load of VAG guys at Coombe the other weekend, most of the golfs were fast in the corners but didn't have the grunt for high speeds on the straights, there was one guy with a mk2 golf race car who humiliated me:( and a guy with a calibra turbo engined stripped out nova who was bloddy fast:eek: (but not fast enough:p )

Err, for you guys that have obviously missed Pauls, newbie and tech section replies, I think this banter is continuing from our "little" race in Basingstoke. Paul is a mechanic and he used to drop Audi TT lumps into Golfs.

Lets not all jump on the newbie.......

Looking at the venue I would say that perhaps a daddyed up golf would have a distinct advantage on supra's. When I was there at japfest one of the fastest things around that circuit was a honda CRX (which overtook an evo 7 that wasnt hanging around) and a suzuki swift. Castle Coombe is not a circuit for the faint hearted supe owner :D

Heres a warm welcome for the noob as well

http://www.frugal-families.com/forums/images/smilies/amed013.gif