The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear subframe mounts

gavin.starr

As some of you may know i have reacently just changed all of my rear suspension components but im still getting what seems to be two flat tyres at the back, it feels sloppy in corners and i just dont feel safe driving it.

Im thinking that the whole of the rear subframe may be slightly loose, can anyone tell me how much it would cost for all the rear diff mounts, subframe mounts and new anti rollbar bushes as i may as well change absolutley everything now that i have spent all this money on it. Also does any one have or can point me in the right direction to a link on how to remove the rear subframe that would be great.

I have also discovered that my power steering rack is leaking as i have to top up my resevour bottle around every month or so. Is this also an easy fix or would i be better replacing it, as just by looking at it it looks like an absolute ball ache to change.

I could really do with giving my car to some one to give it all a bloody good looking at and seeing what needs doing and replacing but i dont have a lot of money to sort it out, so if its going to cost me too much i think im may have to sell up.

Any how if any one has any info on the above that would be great.

Cheers

Gav

I have also discovered that my power steering rack is leaking as i have to top up my resevour bottle around every month or so. Is this also an easy fix or would i be better replacing it, as just by looking at it it looks like an absolute ball ache to change.

Have you investigated this further? Is the leak from the rack, conections to it or possibly the cooler (the thing that looks like a kettle's heating element when looking through the front bumper).

My old supra had a leak in the cooler pipework in the passenger side front bumper air duct (easy and cheap fix) so I would look in there for evidence of leaking............and if none track all the lines from there and the reservoir until you find the source........

.........to anyone else, is there any chance a worn rack can give the impression the rear is wandering?

Is this also an easy fix or would i be better replacing it, as just by looking at it it looks like an absolute ball ache to change.

It's not that much of a ball ache to get out, although I guess ball ache is subjective!

Just 4 bolts on the mounting points, unscrew the rack from the two rod ends, slide the steering column out (probably the hardest bit to be fair), 1 electrical connector and 2 hydraulic unions.