The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which exhaust?

mobsta_01

Just need some advice folks...

I'm thinking of going bpu (if i don't sell my car that is ;)) and i've been looking at a couple of exhausts for sale on here. They are mikerunner's Super Flow:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=228408

and ugp's HKS:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=226862

Can anyone recommend any of these? I've not heard much about the Super Flow exhausts, but it does come with decats. The HKS would be a more obvious choice, but i don't think the thread clears up model it is. :conf:

no experience with the ones you have listed. Ive only ever had a miami gt and hks super dragger on my old car and now the superdragger again on current car. The SD is not to loud, quite throaty when opened up, doesnt droan on motorways.

Best to have a search through some exhaust threads for videos mate

Check if the HKS is full stainless steel, some are a mix of stainless steel back box and mild steel main pipe.

As above, believe a few members on here have had draggers rust. Ditto for Tanabes iirc.

Not considered one of Mr Whiffin's creations or a Nur?

Have a Tanabe Concept Blue G

Full stainless 3inche pipe work has a nice growl to it its about

100db. And comes with extra baffle if u want to fit it. Had it 3 years now and no problems. Even had the rubber mount snap and unknowing drag it across the road for a few miles and stayed together.

As above, believe a few members on here have had draggers rust. Ditto for Tanabes iirc.

Not considered one of Mr Whiffin's creations or a Nur?

I think the HKS exhaust is mild steel with a stainless steel backbox. Never really liked the Nur spec R. It's just a little TOO loud for my tastes. I'd rather have an exhaust that's quiet on idle and sounds the business all out. :D

I think the HKS exhaust is mild steel with a stainless steel backbox. Never really liked the Nur spec R. It's just a little TOO loud for my tastes. I'd rather have an exhaust that's quiet on idle and sounds the business all out. :D

Sounds like silent hi power hks will be your thing as that's totally stainless. Doesn't drone at 70 but sounded lovely

On my NA