The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T conversion, Loads of questions for the wise

Blackie

Depending on price i'm thinking to go N/a-T rather than TT as looking at Craig's results that would suit me fine. The questions are: Where would i get a kit from? What sort of power would i be looking at on stock head gasket? Are they reliable? And what sort of price am i looking at for the whole lot? Has anyone had any experience with an N/a-T? cheers

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TT is probly better but you dont know what sort of life the engine/turbos have had regardless of what the owner tells. How long before the stock twins let go and the cracks appear in the housings... ;)

With good map and ecu you could do 10-11 PSI on the stock HG

Talk with Paul wiffin, he is doing a na-t kit and wants a car to test the kit out on.

Cheers, Pm'ed him :)

i love my na-t as many of you know, and going on the way i was driving past and away from a few tts recently its looking verry good value :p

So how much did it all cost chap? Where did you get the kit from?

MVP have got some cracking kits in, along with Titan.

The Powerhouse one looks good but with a kit, it might also depend on what bits 'n' bobs you already got...

No bits and bobs what so ever mate. I'm hoping it will be under 2k as if its over i may as well go tt

Maybe buying the parts separately is the way to go then "Upgrade" them at a later time?

Here you go mate:

I will just list all the products out so you can see all the prices.

Boost Logic Stage 2 Turbo kit

$5200

AEM EMS, 3.5 Bar MAP Sensor(50% off), AEM IAT Sensor(FREE)-prices only valid with purchase of turbo kit

$1829 Box

$73.50 3.5 Bar MAP Sensor

$0 AEM IAT

Tial BOV

$239

RPS Max Series clutch with Street Disk(would recommend an install kit as well, $125.32 incl flywheel bolts)

$425

Unorthodox Lightweight Flywheel

$540

That is your basics to get things going and will yield roughly 280 rwhp on 7 psi. Do not be discouraged though as the 61mm turbo is nowhere near its efficiency range at that low of boost.

Optional parts:

Exhaust: This will depend on personal taste. The overall best exhaust and highest flowing will be the HKS Titanium. It offers a 4 inch cat back system which is more than large enough for any hp range. If you are looking for something a little more quiet then the HKS Dragger would be for you. It also offers 4 inch piping BUT has a much larger muffler to lower the decibel level under normal every day driving.

Boost Controller: Hands down the HKS EVC 6 is by FAR the best boost controller on the market. This will allow you to turn the boost up to 16 psi which should bring you into the 400 rwhp mark.

Gauges: Boost and Oil pressure are a must. This will also be up to your personal preference. The only gauges that do not need a separate controller are the GReddy 52MM gauges and the Defi Racer series(available in white, red, or blue illumination)

Let me know what all you would like me to put a request for the shipping quote and I will get you some prices for freight later today.

Regards,

Robert Del Angel

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com

940-683-8282

Please include all previous text when replying E-mail Disclaimer:

This email and the information contained in it is considered confidential between the sender and recipient. This email is the copyrighted work of the sender and may not be reproduced without the permission of sender. We accept no responsibility for the contents of this email nor any attachments thereto.

Here you go mate:

I will just list all the products out so you can see all the prices.

Boost Logic Stage 2 Turbo kit

$5200

AEM EMS, 3.5 Bar MAP Sensor(50% off), AEM IAT Sensor(FREE)-prices only valid with purchase of turbo kit

$1829 Box

$73.50 3.5 Bar MAP Sensor

$0 AEM IAT

Tial BOV

$239

RPS Max Series clutch with Street Disk(would recommend an install kit as well, $125.32 incl flywheel bolts)

$425

Unorthodox Lightweight Flywheel

$540

That is your basics to get things going and will yield roughly 280 rwhp on 7 psi. Do not be discouraged though as the 61mm turbo is nowhere near its efficiency range at that low of boost.

Optional parts:

Exhaust: This will depend on personal taste. The overall best exhaust and highest flowing will be the HKS Titanium. It offers a 4 inch cat back system which is more than large enough for any hp range. If you are looking for something a little more quiet then the HKS Dragger would be for you. It also offers 4 inch piping BUT has a much larger muffler to lower the decibel level under normal every day driving.

Boost Controller: Hands down the HKS EVC 6 is by FAR the best boost controller on the market. This will allow you to turn the boost up to 16 psi which should bring you into the 400 rwhp mark.

Gauges: Boost and Oil pressure are a must. This will also be up to your personal preference. The only gauges that do not need a separate controller are the GReddy 52MM gauges and the Defi Racer series(available in white, red, or blue illumination)

Let me know what all you would like me to put a request for the shipping quote and I will get you some prices for freight later today.

Regards,

Robert Del Angel

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com

940-683-8282

Please include all previous text when replying E-mail Disclaimer:

This email and the information contained in it is considered confidential between the sender and recipient. This email is the copyrighted work of the sender and may not be reproduced without the permission of sender. We accept no responsibility for the contents of this email nor any attachments thereto.

Cheers for that mate :thumbs:

TT is probly better but you dont know what sort of life the engine/turbos have had regardless of what the owner tells. How long before the stock twins let go and the cracks appear in the housings... ;)

With good map and ecu you could do 10-11 PSI on the stock HG

From the research I have done, 7-8 psi is as much as you would want to go on stock CR for reliability. Even this gives you a good increase though. What is Craig running? It's not a massive job to use a thicker HG and I seem to recall HKS do one just for this application to reduce the CR. clubna-t is the place to look imo. There have been a few threads on here over the years who have gone down this route too.

Talk with Paul wiffin, he is doing a na-t kit and wants a car to test the kit out on.

he has a auto demo car, i offered mine and i offered to sticker my car up for advertising but he didnt need it he said.

im going with one of these kits if there successful, thought about the boost logic kit but decided to wait till pauls kits out :)