The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift Headlights

albundy68

Would anyone be interested in a facelift headlight group buy?

I have been talking to Mr. T today as mine are a bit tatty, they are comming out at 490 including delivery for one pair, which isnt a bad price IMHO (See below for part numbers etc).

1999 TOYOTA SUPRA (JZA80-ALFSF)SZR JPN LB 2JZGE TWC MTM 6F

81135 UNIT, HEADLAMP, RH81111-1B231 JZA80..LB 1 £245.65

81175 UNIT, HEADLAMP, LH81151-1B231 JZA80..LB 1 £245.65

They said they may be able to offer a bulk discount so if anyone is interested stick your name down and i will go back to see what they can do, it goes without saying that more headlights means more discount, but dont put your name down unless you are actually keen to get a set, theres no point in me getting a price based on 10 sets then only 5 people actually paying up.

I havent done a group buy before but would guess once we see whom is interested it'd be a matter of confirming a price then everyone making payment direct to Toyota.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats not a good price, Nic used to sell these for £400 for the pair

I would have to agree with my best friend Steve on this one.

That price is exactly what I was quoted by Toyota in Wigan a couple of weeks ago. This was just for the shells and didn't include bulbs etc. I desperately need mine replacing but I am not having my pants pulled down over the price.

In the end I may get mine refurbed as they seem bloody expensive for some plastic....:blink:

Count me if we can get a decent price.

H.

thats not a good price, Nic used to sell these for £400 for the pair

Nic doesnt get them anymore though, and when he did i thought they were £450+ I'm sure he will correct me if im wrong.

Only place i know of to get them at the moment is from Wiffbitz

http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/toyota-supra-lighting-c-42_47_835.html

Which works out at over £700

The £490 above is for one pair, if we did a group buy the price would be cheaper.

If someone can get them cheaper then please share. :D

That price is exactly what I was quoted by Toyota in Wigan a couple of weeks ago. This was just for the shells and didn't include bulbs etc. I desperately need mine replacing but I am not having my pants pulled down over the price.

In the end I may get mine refurbed as they seem bloody expensive for some plastic....:blink:

H.

yes yes, thats because its not the group buy cost, if we get lots of people they will discount.

H.

or do you mean toyota quoted 400? if so i will give them a ring

No, Toyota quoted £486.00 for just the shells....:(

Ah fair enough, at least that confirms the non discount price is as it should be.

If we can get an idea of numbers i will see what we can get. I'd like to think they would give a decent discount for ten pairs, but we would need to see if the demand is there.

I have contacted Homer and am waiting for him to get back to confirm this is all ok with the modz.

It might come to nothing or the discount might not be worth the hassle so i cant promise anything, but its worth a go if there are people out there wanting the headlights and there are no better deals.

think what you need to do is find out the price and haggle with them, they should budge a little bit then find out how much discount they will give you if you ere to buy 10 sets

thats the plan dude, but i need to know how many people would be interested, if there are 20 im sure the price would be better than if there were 10. i have cleared with Homer now to get price and see if any of the traders on here can better it, so we need a list, can anyone thats already expressed an interest put their names on, just to keep it all tidy.

Retail price on a pair of RHD(right hand drive) headlights is £519.93 inc VAT.

If we can get 5 orders, I can do them for £467.94 inc VAT. Delivery is £11.75 on top inc VAT. You will have to pay by debit card or bank transfer at this price though. If you want to pay by paypal you will need to pay there fees.

Any good?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.