The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Inverted stick on washer jets?

The-Plethora

Forgive the fairly numerous topics I have posted lately, just trying to get a few nasties sorted before MOT time.

Next item is washer jets, I have heard conflicting stories as to weather non working washer jets counts as an MOT fail.

The problem is that I have an aftermarket bonnet, last year it had to be repaired and painted after being damaged and during this the jets had to be removed.

No problem but I am a bit stuck now. On the Do Luck I seem to remember the jets were on the edge at the underside of the bonnet and poked out to hit the screen.

Basically I want to get some jets that fit in the small gaps either side between the bonnet and the scuttle pannel.

Is there another car that has washer jets mounted this way that I could buy spares for (mounted on the underside pointing at the screen)?

I dont want to mount new jets on the bonnet as it will ruin the look, are there any wipers that have inbuilt sprayers that would fit?

All the pipework for the sprayer is still there and I have bought some decent lengths of tubing thast fits, its just rigging something up now. I hope I am not stuck "barrying something up" and attaching it to the scuttle pannel :(

Thanks as always

Dave

How do they look in the scuttle? anyone got any pics? Just dont want it to look crap.

Been looking online and found another potential problem...for a normal steel bonnet probably no problem, but because the bonnet is fibreglass and made of an upper and lower section it seems quite thick. So if I just suck it up and get normal washers I may have trouble securing them if I drill the bonnet (the securing thread may not be long enough).

You can buy wipers with built in washer systems from ebay, I had some on my prelude when I had the jets removed and they worked fine

Can't remember exactly what they're called but there is a big seller of single wiper conversions on ebay that sells them too