The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheels Wonderful wheels

Tyson

Currently the supe is sitting on standard 17's which I think are the only thing letting it down aesthetically. I am struggling to decide what to get :(

What is the best in terms on aversion to tram lining and aquaplaning?

What is best for maintaining original ride comfort and handling?

How wide can I go on stock ride height from and rear to avoid rubbing?

I have been looking at a set of FUEL 5 alloys,

8.5 X 19" 5X114 ET30 ( FRONTS ) 235/35/19 (245/35/19)

10 X 19" 5X114 ET35 ( REARS ) 265/30/19 (275/30/19)

Does anyone have any pictures of these on a supe and I assume they will clear UK brakes?

Can some also explain what the offset is all about?

For best handling you need stock 17s with Chris Wilson suspension.

After that it all goes downhill a bit!

I've run 18s and 19s on my Supes and run 19s now purely for aesthetics, not handling. As I've always said, mine's a show car not a go car!

Toyota spent a few quid getting the handling right so it seems daft to compromise that (like I have!)

Fuel alloys are cheapies aren't they? Weight will be off, offset will be wrong so if you're after a complete handling package stick with stock or lightweight 17s and book in for CWs suspension set up.

Wide, low profile tyres will always tramline, fact of! If you want aesthetics then 19s will do it. If you want handling, go stock. In between will be lightweight 18s with a complete professional geo set up.

For best handling you need stock 17s with Chris Wilson suspension.

After that it all goes downhill a bit!

I've run 18s and 19s on my Supes and run 19s now purely for aesthetics, not handling. As I've always said, mine's a show car not a go car!

Toyota spent a few quid getting the handling right so it seems daft to compromise that (like I have!)

Fuel alloys are cheapies aren't they? Weight will be off, offset will be wrong so if you're after a complete handling package stick with stock or lightweight 17s and book in for CWs suspension set up.

Wide, low profile tyres will always tramline, fact of! If you want aesthetics then 19s will do it. If you want handling, go stock. In between will be lightweight 18s with a complete professional geo set up.

The wheels are for looks purely but I didn't want to get some wheels and find they have made the supe unbearable to drive. I know the stock setup will be best wanted some nice wheels to set the car off. I will never take it to a track so I'm not looking to have ultra handling but make it safe enough to have a spirited drive every now and then. They have an rrp of 1200 quid I don't think thats cheap :(

Edited by Tyson (see edit history)

What is the best in terms on aversion to tram lining and aquaplaning?

What is best for maintaining original ride comfort and handling?

How wide can I go on stock ride height from and rear to avoid rubbing?

Simple STOCK Rims and thats it.

Dont tell me..... Wilko has been saying they look sh!te and you should get some 19's :D

As Ellis rightly put it, its looks or drivability

These i take it? £829 for a wheel and tyre package is very cheap, they will be heavy and most likely fall to bits after one winter, looking at the design its unlikely they will clear uk brakes.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19-FUEL-5-ALLOY-WHEELS-LEXUS-SC300-TYRES-/190446941523?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item2c5785b553

Does anyone know of any similar design wheels that are known to fit over uk brakes and won't fall to bits?

What's the scoop on the wheel mania vortex rs? They still have lacquer problems? I love them and they are my first choice, am I right in saying 275 will fit on 9.5j? Does anyone have these and will they clear UK brakes They are the 275/30/19 et34 - 245/35/19 et34 9.5j, 8.5j respectively

Edited by Tyson (see edit history)