Jurgen-Jm-Imports

What does your supe idle at when warm  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What does your supe idle at when warm

• 500-650
    • 651-750
    • 751-900
    • 900-1000

The workshop manual says to rev engine at 2500rpm for 90 seconds and the idle should be:

2JZ-GTE - 650 +/-50 rpm

2JZ-GE - 700 +/-50 rpm

yep thats right but i wanted to get a real life idle speed as imo i have seen them mainly at 750-900 for TT supras.

a lot of them will vary depending on mods or fueling etc..

so just wanted to see a reality figure.

VVTi engines, especially on autos seem to suffer fly by wire idling issues these days, and given the lack of an English workshop manual for them it's very hard to sort out economically as the fix is sometimes new throttle and butterfly position sensors, at an arm and a leg, but not always. Sometimes just cleaning out the throttle butterflies properly with brake cleaner effects a cure. Sometimes they appear all but impossible to fix whatever you do.... Idle air control valves and mappable ecu's are best for sorting idling issues :)

VVTi engines, especially on autos seem to suffer fly by wire idling issues these days, and given the lack of an English workshop manual for them it's very hard to sort out economically as the fix is sometimes new throttle and butterfly position sensors, at an arm and a leg, but not always. Sometimes just cleaning out the throttle butterflies properly with brake cleaner effects a cure. Sometimes they appear all but impossible to fix whatever you do.... Idle air control valves and mappable ecu's are best for sorting idling issues :)

ryan g gave me a few tips and my brother has now mastered adjusting the idle without any engine lights if the carb cleaner does not work.

it is a bit pita to get right but once its sorted it seems to work well

Edited by Jurgen-Jm-Imports
work (see edit history)