The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New exhaust system coming soon...

neo2810

I've just been to AAS and got a very good price to install a custom manifold, double decat and backbox (basically a full racing exhaust system) as well as new induction system. I'll see a huge performance increase after all that so very much looking forward to it.

AAS are one of the best in the country for any exhaust work as anyone who has used them will know. Can't wait...

I did a back to back dyno test first with stock manifold, full decat and Apexi exhaust, after fitting a tubular manifold there was an 8hp increase. Although the car was down on power to start with so the figures were a bit inconclusive.

I'd agree with Jamie a full system and manifold I'd guess would give around a 15hp increase. It will make the car feel more responsive, freer revving and ear bleedingly LOUD! I would get them to fit a silencer on the mid pipe as well if you don't want it to be too offensive.

FYI most aftermarket performance exhausts specifically designed for the 2JZ-GE Supra use a ∅70mm pipe.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Stu reckons the last system they fitted like this on an NA got about 25hp increase. Id love to do a before and after but I don't know anyone in ncl with a dyno?

If thats genuine and everything fits fine then these guys could make quite a bit off the NA boys.

Stu reckons the last system they fitted like this on an NA got about 25hp increase. Id love to do a before and after but I don't know anyone in ncl with a dyno?
Sales chat maybe? 15bhp sounds about right.

Using the same dyno in similar conditions could prove this.

Sales chat maybe? 15bhp sounds about right.

Using the same dyno in similar conditions could prove this.

Dunno, these boys I know pretty well and they are genuine guys. Of course until we dyno it before and after there's no way to be sure so I may just do that :)

Dunno, these boys I know pretty well and they are genuine guys. Of course until we dyno it before and after there's no way to be sure so I may just do that :)

Let us know how it goes, would be good information for the NA peeps.

Stu is trying to sell you something too ;) :D

If you get 15bhp extra out of it I'd be surprised. Only a session on a reputable dyno will let you (and us) know. It'll likely feel like a lot more once you get the car back, but that goes hand in hand with having a noisier exhaust, it always makes a car *feel* quicker, even when it's not.

save your cash for a tt conversion!

I don't want a TT. If I did, I'd have bought one over an NA ;)

Stu is trying to sell you something too ;) :D

If you get 15bhp extra out of it I'd be surprised. Only a session on a reputable dyno will let you (and us) know. It'll likely feel like a lot more once you get the car back, but that goes hand in hand with having a noisier exhaust, it always makes a car *feel* quicker, even when it's not.

I sold Stu his website, it's only fair he sells me something back :)

To be honest, I've had alot of work done by AAS on a few cars and their claims usually hold out pretty well. Their work is pretty much the best I've seen anywhere (although to be fair that's not an awful lot of places)... I'll find out from Jurgen where the nearest dyno is and try get a before and after. It will certainly help others in future so it's a good idea.

I'm also going to make sure they control the noise with a silencer somewhere. I want a throaty rasp but I don't want the car much louder than it is now.

i bought it the start of the year but it was in his unit at the start of august yeah :), pd tuning charge £50 inc vat for a set up and power run they can measure pretty much anything such as power, torque, power at flywheel, tractive effort, boost pressure, exhaust emissions, injector duty cycle etc. Each extra datalog is £5, so for example a power test including boost, air/fuel ratio and knock detection would be £65.

i bought it the start of the year but it was in his unit at the start of august yeah :), pd tuning charge £50 inc vat for a set up and power run they can measure pretty much anything such as power, torque, power at flywheel, tractive effort, boost pressure, exhaust emissions, injector duty cycle etc. Each extra datalog is £5, so for example a power test including boost, air/fuel ratio and knock detection would be £65.

Yeah, I popped in to see Jurgen while you were there around that time. I remember both you and the car, which was looking very nice indeed.

Cheers for the info, I reckon I'll get a dyno run once I've sorted a few bits on the car, and then get another and an emmissions test run after the exhaust is fitted. I'll stick a thread up to report back for all...