The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Totalled my new Supra last Monday :-((((

Amazing grace

I was lucky to walk away from the wreckage of my new 1999 Supra last Monday 27th Sept. Lost her on the A24 hit something very slippery and lost the front end spun out in front of an oncomming lorry and then proceeded to shoot across a large expanse of grass verge hitting several trees and ending up nose tip up in a very deep ditch!!!!! Police and ambulance were very quick on the scene and i was carted off to redhill hospital. Police said i did very well to not turn her over and that no one could have recovered her from such a spin so i guess i did my best butas any of you who have had an accident in your cars will know when they go there is no stopping 3000 lbs of car!!!! I walked away with a deep cut to my elbow and some traumatized muscle very bad bruising but in general got off lightly i just thank God i am still here. o now i need another 1999 model low mileage supe lol i am not walking away just yet.

However i cannot endorse more the fact that had i had my RLTC fitted i think i might have been lucky enough to have avoided this happeneing maybe not but i drove Gracie and in all conditions for 9yrs and nevefr had any trouble i have the new car less than 1 month and just in the week i was having the RLTC fitted thisx happened so please all be careful out there these cars are very dangerous in the wet please dont forget this.

Sheena

Amazing Grace

It is, at the end of the day, only a car. A truly amazing car perhaps, but a car none the less. Plenty of guys and gals on here well able to supply, fix, replace it, but not so many able to do the same with you. Thankfully you are ok which is what really counts:). And indeed what does not destroy us only makes us stronger. I am sorry to hear of your bad luck all the same.

Sounds like a nasty one, thank god you're okay.

The wet weather has caused all sorts of problems on the roads. I think it brings all the oil and rubbish back to the surface and even when you think it's dry there is still a film of the slippy stuff there.

Glad you haven't lost the love though :) RLTC is on my shopping list for my end of April bonus. Till then I'm being ultra carefull in the wet / just after.

Thank you all for your comments and concern it is very good to know :-). I wasnt even doing any great speed as i have the greatest respect for the Supra esecially in the wet as i am more than aware of what they can be like but i have to say what happened took ne totally unawares no warning at all!!!! In answer to various questions it was on the lower part of the A24 Dorking end jusxt qt the bottom of the Horsham road dual carriage way bit i had literally just come off the roundabout lol my sideways tracks still very visable at the moment comming away from Dorking towards Horsham and i was only doing 45 50ish not even speeding it only goes to show our beasts need respect at ALL times lol. Of coursae i am getting another one you boys dont get rid of me that easy lolol and anyway who else would make you all choccy cakes lolol :-) xxx