The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Respray, cost and recommended paintshops near Manchester.

Evil_Nuts

All depends on what you want to do. Are you just getting a blow over or do you want a full windows out colour change spray. Prices will vary greatly depending on requirement.

A decent job with windows out will be basic £2K+

Personally when I had my car done, I paid £1500 for new trim parts on top of a £3K spray job. I changed the colour from black to Lambo Grigio Avlon. It was not a cheap job and was a lot of work for the body shop.

You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

Best bit of advice would be to see a car done by a body shop before you go there. Nearly every car will look good straight out of the body shop. Many degrade quickly, best to see one thats been on the road for a year.

Yeah i knlow what you mean dude, I'm gonna start doing servicing again in my own time to fund it, Hopefully the Supra will be reliable over the winter and i only havbe a few more things to do before i can just put fuel in her and check the oil every week...I work for Toyota but wouldn't let my bodyshop anywhere near her.......I dlont bget how so many people don't have any pride in their work anymore, to me it doesn't matter if the customer has an Aygo or a LC, I do the job right, first time, with all the respect I'd give my own..........

did i just turn this into a rant??

Yeah i knlow what you mean dude, I'm gonna start doing servicing again in my own time to fund it, Hopefully the Supra will be reliable over the winter and i only havbe a few more things to do before i can just put fuel in her and check the oil every week...I work for Toyota but wouldn't let my bodyshop anywhere near her.......I dlont bget how so many people don't have any pride in their work anymore, to me it doesn't matter if the customer has an Aygo or a LC, I do the job right, first time, with all the respect I'd give my own..........

did i just turn this into a rant??

Rants are what make up 90% of this forum :D

Just save up some money and take your time looking for a good body shop. Go to some Supra meets and see some of the work done by various companies first hand.

I find looking at photographs on the net of cars to be very deceptive. Many cars look clean in pictures but when you get up close you see all the little horrors.

I think the saying is "Nice from afar but far from nice"

Yeah, i know what you mean...just times tight at the min, kids, moving house, and then have to build a Supra engine for when I want to go single (no rush) the bodywork isnt too bad on mine, but this is the oldest car ive had since i was 20, and my last 3 or 4 were new ones......grrrr its fustrating lol

• 6 years later...