The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Valuation Advice

x_Jen_x

Hey

Wondered if anyone could help/advise me...

My Supra was orginally bought by my dad and over the years it slowly became my car, however dad's name was still on the log book. Unfortunately my dad passed away last month and although my name is now on the log book, i need to get it valued as it's part of his estate. I'm not really too sure how to go about this as the valuation is not like an insurance valuation or what i think it's worth, it's what someone would be prepared to pay for it.

Could anyone help or point me in the right direction??

Many thanks

Jen

Sorry, would help if i put some info up.

N reg, Emerald green SZ, imported into the UK in 2004, approx 85,000 miles, manual, no modifications. As far as i know the only problems with it is there's an area on the o/s rear panel and fifty pence sized area by the Toyota badge on the front that will need repraying, there's a small chip on the n/s of the windscreen (but that's getting seen to over the next week) and i think there's a bad connection with the CD player but it only happens every now and then. Can't think of anything else...

Parkers will cost a few quid but will give you something solid to reference (you will need year of manufacture not year of import), it should also be lower than autotrader prices, they tend to value on the low side which is presumably better if its for estate/tax purposes.

Sorry to hear about you dad. :-(

1994/1995? manual non turbo in green, high miles on the clock, i wouldnt expect much for it, alot of the non turbos are going for less than £4k nowdays...:(

Green is a great colour and rare thought it was only a facelift colour tho guess I'm wrong. it's still a manual. So desirable for that. It's not that high miles wise ignore evinx he is a gimp :) my car isn't far off twice those miles. I would say it would sell at 4k. 3.5 if you would want it gone quick. But I guess your not selling?

Thanks guys. Well the Parker guide won't let you select non-turbo so no good there anyway. It's 1995. Was a little surprised by the high mileage comment as it is 15 years old, or is that high for Supra's, i don't know. Saying that, dad's 1600E is 42 years old and that's only done 28k!

Def not selling, so although need a realistic value, the lower the better...;)

Thanks guys. Well the Parker guide won't let you select non-turbo so no good there anyway. It's 1995. Was a little surprised by the high mileage comment as it is 15 years old, or is that high for Supra's, i don't know. Saying that, dad's 1600E is 42 years old and that's only done 28k!

Def not selling, so although need a realistic value, the lower the better...;)

Just say its £2k then, im supprised its still in your fathers estate though if the logbook is in your name, i transfered my fathers car before he died so it didnt get tied up in his estate.

I then sold it to give my mother the cash rather than it sit there for months devaluing.

I'd ignore the high mileage comment as thats nothing if the cars been looked after but if you need it to be as cheap as possible then use that as it backs up your value;)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)