The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre Punture

Jellybean

:(Got a Slow Punture Yesterday , Relaised she was puntured this morning

Only bought the Eagle F1's bout 4 months ago ; Need a new Rear Tyre for the Passenger Side (EAGLE F1 GS-D3 275/35 R19)Nail in Tyre Wall

Just a few Questions

1. If I got the Falken 452 for the passenger side with the Drivers retaining the Eagle F1, would this cause issues?
  2. What Width can you run on a 10.5 Width Wheel , 285 or 295's?275 is too stretched

Prices on

• EAGLE F1 GS-D3 275/35 R19 -- Qty 1 EUR 268.50 delivered(EireTyres)
  • Falken 452 275/35 R19 -- Qty 1 EUR 165 delivered(Camskill)

It's illegal to run different tyres on either side of the same axle. You can run different front and rears though. You'll need a pair mate :(

10.5 wheel should take 285+ IIRC.

I can get 1 Goodyear but it is very pricy , I could buy 2 Falken 452 for the price of 1 goodyear

Do you know what grip would be like in comparsion to the 2 brands

I can get 1 Goodyear but it is very pricy , I could buy 2 Falken 452 for the price of 1 goodyear

Do you know what grip would be like in comparsion to the 2 brands

Never tried the Falkens, but I hear they're not bad. The F1s are very good though.

Have a look for Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta too. I have them now and they're pretty impressive. I think Camskill were doing a special offer on them.

It's illegal to run different tyres on either side of the same axle.

I thought it was fine as long as they were the same size? I've bought a part-worn for an MOT before, which was different to the rest and they didn't say anything about it...

It isn't illegal to have different brands, just different sizes. Having 1 falken and 1 goodyear is absolutely fine.

My car came with 4 different boots on and it passed an MOT no bother. Years ago I went in to buy a tyre for my vectra, I settled on the cheapest but the guy couldn't do it as it was a different size from the other side.

It appears they have to be the same construction type now. That didn't used to be the case. One Falken should be fine, although I personally wouldn't mix-and-match on a high-powered car.

http://www.kwik-fit.com/uk-tyre-law.asp

It is also a legal requirement to ensure that tyres of different construction types are not fitted to opposite sides of the same axle. The two main tyre types are radial and cross-ply, and these must not be mixed on the same axle.

Mixing brands and patterns of the same construction type is permissible depending on the vehicle type and manufacturers recommendation. Check your vehicle's handbook for tyre fitment details and options or ask Kwik Fit to look this up for you.

Not me, but hey. Live and learn. I still maintain on a high-powered RWD car it's better to have the same tread pattern on both sides, especially on the rears.

Totally agree, I would never do it any other way. Tyres always changed in pairs for me.

Not me, but hey. Live and learn. I still maintain on a high-powered RWD car it's better to have the same tread pattern on both sides, especially on the rears.

Same here but I dont really have 268 euro unfortunetly or even 165 :(

Will look about see if I can get a goodyear cheaper

Ohh http://www.tyres-pneus-online.ie do the good year for 205 delivered