The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New turbo's fitted then OUCH.

little num

Well after 2 weeks waiting for parts from MR T i started work about 10:30 fitting new oil return pipes and then turbo's, well few hours later all done new waterpump fitted new cambelt and thought right radiator next.

Easy all in filled up with new Toyota RED and started HHMMMM sounds lovely, toped the rad up abit more then thought ill take it for a run up and down the street. left the drive gave it a bit in 1st - then eased off into 2nd and what would you know.

Bonnet comes up and scraps the roof - bonnet - windscreen oh and bonnet hinge's :(

So i stopped very quick and sulked for a minute, bent if back into place as best as i could went and got fuel and took it for a good seeing 2, soon put a smile on my face :) TURBO TECHNICS hybrids go very well indeed.

So know i close my eyes before i get in and out so i cant see the mess i made by not concentrating :rolleyes:.

Bad news dude, I hope the fact that she's running well softened the blow a little.

It's easily done though. I did the same thing at the last trackday I was at, I never closed the bonnet pins, all that was holding it was the first latch.

I only realised after I had come back in from a session of giving it absolute death.

The bonnet never moved, it might have something to do with the spacers I put between the hinges and the bonnet which allowed the air to pass underneath the bonnet and out the back. Anyway I went weak at the knees when I realised the potential disaster I had narrowly missed.

What a numpty, he popped round mine earlier and told me what had occured , then i went out to see the damage, its bad, very bad, i blame the poxy aftermarket bonnet catches, unless you do them up manually and lets face it its easy to forget then this will happen, especially when new turbo`s have just been fitted, the bonnet is the least of your worries.