The mkiv Supra Owners Club

knob, shift lever

madwoody1

knob, shift lever 33542-14040-co

just got one looks great old one was shot to bits £28.51 plus vat

not to bad but worth the money was easyer to fit ended up un-soldering the switch rather than taking the auto lever apart only took 15 mins to fit that way including getting tools out and putting them away

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

tools to do the job for me was

small philips driver

flat blade

cutters

soldering iron

solder

heat shrink (because i'm a electrical engineer)

Easy to do unclip the plastic at the bottom of the lever with flat blade screw driver,this reveals two screws (philips type) undo them the lever will start to move up, next unclip the plastic section near the button on top/side of the lever this will reveal two cables cut them as close to the switch legs as you can but not to close that you can't resolder them back on thats about it it then pulls off fitting is the reversal of what you have just done. but with me i put a small amount of heat shrink on the cables before i soldered them back together

think thats about it

you can take the whole lever apart that is so much work just so you don't cut those two cables up to you but for me no point

tools to do the job for me was

small philips driver

flat blade

cutters

soldering iron

solder

heat shrink (because i'm a electrical engineer)

Easy to do unclip the plastic at the bottom of the lever with flat blade screw driver,this reveals two screws (philips type) undo them the lever will start to move up, next unclip the plastic section near the button on top/side of the lever this will reveal two cables cut them as close to the switch legs as you can but not to close that you can't resolder them back on thats about it it then pulls off fitting is the reversal of what you have just done. but with me i put a small amount of heat shrink on the cables before i soldered them back together

think thats about it

you can take the whole lever apart that is so much work just so you don't cut those two cables up to you but for me no point

Top man!

Cheers. :thumbs: