The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie - pics of my new dream car!

hogmaw

Hi everyone, I was looking for a LONG time and now I have my dream car, just got it a couple of weeks back. It's Jap spec TT auto, late '97 GZ model with full leather interior, factory spec as far as I can tell, but with Cat 1 alarm, you need that in London. AND I had the spoiler removed, I'm in the minority I know, but I prefer it like that! Less wing, less bling... it looks the business just how it is, the spoiler spoils her!

Here are some pics, click on the thumbnails to make bigger:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7370/s9x.th.jpg

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8518/s5.th.jpg

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1662/s5x.th.jpg

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8234/s6x.th.jpg

Looks great mate. I like it without the spoiler.

You need to lose that caravan foglight though. A good set of 17'' or 18' wheels wouldn't go amiss either.

Other than that it's very nice.

If it was mine I'd get the lower-front bumper colour coded. Does it have the front Active Spoiler? If so I'd get that coded as well.

Originally posted by Green Peace

Welcome mate, you'll get a lot of stick for taking that Spoiler off

Not bothered...! I think everyone here loves the Supra they have and have made them their own by adding their own personal touch, visible (colour, bodykit etc) or invisible (under the bonnet etc), and having no spoiler is my choice, that's all!:innocent:

Not sure what if any modifications to go for next (if any). Does anyone have any ideas/recommendations for 'first upgrade' from a factory spec model? I doubt I will get round to doing any for a while, after all I've only just got the thing, but it would be good to know!

Picture 2 - beautiful shape that motor.

I have no spoiler either :-)

Rob Soapbox alert!

PLEASE PLEASE dont get any of these nasty bit of plastic glued to your lovely machine - in my opinion keep the lovely lovely lines clean and pure.

Would definitely suggest some nice tasteful rims - accommodating some wider rubber.

Then it's onto performance - the good bit..... :flame Dev

R

Nice car! Shame about the spoiler :D

I'd be surprised if its a GZ, more likely RZ-S. Is it VVT-i? Tiptronic?

What's the colour, it looks gunmetal but its difficult to tell in the photos.

Where did you buy it?

Supras are great cars and it looks like you've got a really nice one, enjoy!

Originally posted by geoffvalenti

Nice car! Shame about the spoiler :D

I'd be surprised if its a GZ, more likely RZ-S. Is it VVT-i? Tiptronic?

What's the colour, it looks gunmetal but its difficult to tell in the photos.

Where did you buy it?

Supras are great cars and it looks like you've got a really nice one, enjoy!

Oh I thought GZ were the ones with leather interior... my bad. It's auto, not Tiptronic, I'm having fun learning to use the MANU and overdrive buttons. I actually get scared when in 2nd gear! It takes some getting used to. I really should get on a track somewhere to get to know it properly. Any recommendations for a total novice? I had a 2.0 Celica GT before, nice car but not a patch on this.

It's gunmetal and I got it from a dealer in Manchester who had it imported late last year. It's the exact one I've been looking for for ages so I was well chuffed when it was offered for sale.

Originally posted by hogmaw

Not bothered...! I think everyone here loves the Supra they have and have made them their own by adding their own personal touch, visible (colour, bodykit etc) or invisible (under the bonnet etc), and having no spoiler is my choice, that's all!:innocent:

Not sure what if any modifications to go for next (if any). Does anyone have any ideas/recommendations for 'first upgrade' from a factory spec model? I doubt I will get round to doing any for a while, after all I've only just got the thing, but it would be good to know!

Look you cant stay a virgin for ever, sooner or later, you will lose your cherries to Dr Bling or someone.

:D

The Supra is a lovely car on its own, without any add ons, I agree, of course all a matter of choice, I think a Supra looks naked without a Spolier its like a 'Cat without a tail' but its your supra, and it looks lovely with or without!

:innocent:

Thanks for making me welcome everyone, spoiler or no spoiler!

Dunno how much the spoiler affects handling or not, perhaps we'll find out at the 'Learn to Drive Your Supra Round Corners Day Out' and see if the non-spoiler cars skid off a lot more or not? I am really glad that day is being put together and that people are so enthusiastic and keen to improve their driving technique, the only alternative is to use the open road, and even then there's nobody to teach you or to compare against, let alone the legal/safety problems...

This forum is the biz :D