The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what to do with 2jzGE engine non turbo

gazzi123

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ooww lol i thought it was going to be a link staright to a thread .....fair enuff ill shut up and try searching if no-one has any info :)

There's not a great deal of info around on tuning a GE for outright power, as gains are small and expensive compared to a turbo conversion. There's a few cars in Australia and Japan though on ITBs that I've seen.

There's not a great deal of info around on tuning a GE for outright power, as gains are small and expensive compared to a turbo conversion. There's a few cars in Australia and Japan though on ITBs that I've seen.

Yea but i would like to know what can be done to a NA - as i cannot afford on insurance a T conversion or TT engine swap yet until next year.

Car already got uprated filters + exhaust system with Decat.

i want to maybe upgrade manifold + few oher general things (maximum spend £800) + dyno it.

Then this time next year either get T conversion or cheaper option of TT implant (then dyno again)

compare the both and see.

if i can get 250bhp+ or something in that region for £800 on a NA

id be happy (but i cant see that happening but you never know) - in other words its more of a project and everyones view is more power = you gotta go turbo. I agree with that but , in other words no offence what so ever to anyone - but theres no 'project' behind it.

id like to mix things up and do things + compare.

I spend most of my pay checks on cars - and i like to do things different + compare.

And in the long run ive had a quick look through using search engine - THERE HAS BEEN NO PROOF/DYNO OF A N/A SUPRA AFTER PUTTING ON A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF MODS.

I just wanted to know if its been done before so i know what power/bhp improvements i can exspect.

as its not been done fully yet its opend up project for me to fill.

So i guess in other words im trying to say 'MINI PROJECT ALERT' lol.

Over next few months:

Uprating manifold/headers

uprating air intake

Better filters

and whatever money left over will put into uprating something.

And before people say 'need TT swap to get any where near power etc etc'

i want to do this as a project + see the results

and next year Turbo will be going on once ive got that extra year on my insurance.

:D

Edited by gazzi123 (see edit history)

Yea but i would like to know what can be done to a NA - as i cannot afford on insurance a T conversion or TT engine swap yet until next year.

Car already got uprated filters + exhaust system with Decat.

i want to maybe upgrade manifold + few oher general things (maximum spend £800) + dyno it.

Then this time next year either get T conversion or cheaper option of TT implant (then dyno again)

compare the both and see.

if i can get 250bhp+ or something in that region for £800 on a NA

id be happy (but i cant see that happening but you never know) - in other words its more of a project and everyones view is more power = you gotta go turbo. I agree with that but , in other words no offence what so ever to anyone - but theres no 'project' behind it.

id like to mix things up and do things + compare.

I spend most of my pay checks on cars - and i like to do things different + compare.

And in the long run ive had a quick look through using search engine - THERE HAS BEEN NO PROOF/DYNO OF A N/A SUPRA AFTER PUTTING ON A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF MODS.

I just wanted to know if its been done before so i know what power/bhp improvements i can exspect.

as its not been done fully yet its opend up project for me to fill.

So i guess in other words im trying to say 'MINI PROJECT ALERT' lol.

Over next few months:

Uprating manifold/headers

uprating air intake

Better filters

and whatever money left over will put into uprating something.

And before people say 'need TT swap to get any where near power etc etc'

i want to do this as a project + see the results

and next year Turbo will be going on once ive got that extra year on my insurance.

if you are thinking in a turbo for this same engine next year, exhaust manifold wont do anything as you will need a different one.

on a N/A you will probably see 3~10HP iscrease with in my opinion are very expensive horses. but it's you money not mine.

on the intake manifold side i'm not sure, but i think you will not benefit with something different as the stock manifolds are suposed to be very efficient, some people with na-t's on stock intakes with no problems.

IMO your best shoot would be an air filter, exhaust system, good tyres and if the money allows have the car mapped with some kind of piggyback unit, that will give you better throttle response, a few more poneys and better fuel consuption, that imo will get paid back on the long run.

You are a pioneer

if you are thinking in a turbo for this same engine next year, exhaust manifold wont do anything as you will need a different one.

on a N/A you will probably see 3~10HP iscrease with in my opinion are very expensive horses. but it's you money not mine.

on the intake manifold side i'm not sure, but i think you will not benefit with something different as the stock manifolds are suposed to be very efficient, some people with na-t's on stock intakes with no problems.

IMO your best shoot would be an air filter, exhaust system, good tyres and if the money allows have the car mapped with some kind of piggyback unit, that will give you better throttle response, a few more poneys and better fuel consuption, that imo will get paid back on the long run.

Lol yea - but i like to have a project/challenge - becuase you know full well if you do TT conversion / NA-T you know full well the BHP figures are going to be HUGE difference compared to NA , everyone does Turbo conversion (i agree its the right thing to do for BHP performance)]

But its my daily driver + all though i really appreciate/love supra running 500bhp+ but they become uncontrolable with high amounts of wheel spin when pushing throttle down.

Want to get a good BHP increase on the NA and see how it goes.

BUt like said i really appreciate + understand how much work goes into TT conversions or NA-T but that is what everyone does for BHP figures + i want to go down route of NA Performace = if i like the results of increasing BHP, i may just stay with the NA instead getting Turbo upgrades + running into more problems (which ive seen alot) on turbos and in long run alot more exspensive to fix.

...i will see how the funds are over next 2months...put what i can on the car and then DYNO results before + after.

Cheers for input guys ...looking forward to this project actually as no-one knows what BHP i will gain with NA with limited upgrades that are availible ....But if i got a NA-t/TT conversion its very clear what kind of gains i would see as everyone does it..

Lol yea - but i like to have a project/challenge - becuase you know full well if you do TT conversion / NA-T you know full well the BHP figures are going to be HUGE difference compared to NA , everyone does Turbo conversion (i agree its the right thing to do for BHP performance)]

But its my daily driver + all though i really appreciate/love supra running 500bhp+ but they become uncontrolable with high amounts of wheel spin when pushing throttle down.

Want to get a good BHP increase on the NA and see how it goes.

BUt like said i really appreciate + understand how much work goes into TT conversions or NA-T but that is what everyone does for BHP figures + i want to go down route of NA Performace = if i like the results of increasing BHP, i may just stay with the NA instead getting Turbo upgrades + running into more problems (which ive seen alot) on turbos and in long run alot more exspensive to fix.

...i will see how the funds are over next 2months...put what i can on the car and then DYNO results before + after.

Cheers for input guys ...looking forward to this project actually as no-one knows what BHP i will gain with NA with limited upgrades that are availible ....But if i got a NA-t/TT conversion its very clear what kind of gains i would see as everyone does it..

one think i'm sure, you will expend lot's of dosh to get in the 250HP club.

one think i'm sure, you will expend lot's of dosh to get in the 250HP club.

Yea im adding up as we speek what im going to upgrade....but if got 250bhp+ i would find that a real achievment than just sticking a turbo on there.

But top of list is to get it running pefect as it is now - as ive deffo got gearbox shaft wear (so need recon) will need new injectors/fuel reg as running very rich + idle is not smooth making high pitch noise aswell on idle.

got very slight/very quiet knocking noise on passenger side

and then on mods lol

i guess im gonna need luck on my side for this 1

:)

If you dont want to do what 99% of other people do then have a looksie at what this guy is doing

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/member.php?u=25493

Nothing has been proven yet BUT if his claims are true then their are gains to be had from an NA.

As said have a look on supraforums, a few have increased power but for big bucks.

I personally will be going down the NA route too.

Save your money, put up with the na as it is and when you have saved enough buy a tt or single and go the turbo route properly;)

Yea i know to save money but in this case im gonna break it down:

Put a TT engine in with everything i need for a full install-

engine/looms/clutch/turbos etc ruffly £2000 (due to needing to upgrade clutch)

Insurance - Extra £300 a year for engine swap

Total = £2300 so far

On top of that if i got a TT or NA-T i would have to get a 6speed (personal preference) having all that power but restricting to 5gears i couldnt do it = £300-£600 for gear box 2nd hand or recon

Total so far = £2900

Then change my exhaust system for Flow needed by the TT = £400+

Total = £3300

I could go on to what i would want/need to do in my eyes if i went turbo - TT clocks - ignition wires etc..

Or do something different have a set amount of money to do up my NA (nowhere near £3k mark) and do it, if im happy leve out getting a turbo and be a proud/fast NA owner

I like to be different and not do what everyone else does on a day to day basis 'go turbo' yes its the right thing to do if you want HIGH BHP but in my eyes whats the fun in knowing 'if i stick a turbo kit on i know full well its going to make 100+ more BHP' theres no project there.

Yea i know to save money but in this case im gonna break it down:

Put a TT engine in with everything i need for a full install-

engine/looms/clutch/turbos etc ruffly £2000 (due to needing to upgrade clutch)

Insurance - Extra £300 a year for engine swap

Total = £2300 so far

On top of that if i got a TT or NA-T i would have to get a 6speed (personal preference) having all that power but restricting to 5gears i couldnt do it = £300-£600 for gear box 2nd hand or recon

Total so far = £2900

Then change my exhaust system for Flow needed by the TT = £400+

Total = £3300

I could go on to what i would want/need to do in my eyes if i went turbo - TT clocks - ignition wires etc..

Or do something different have a set amount of money to do up my NA (nowhere near £3k mark) and do it, if im happy leve out getting a turbo and be a proud/fast NA owner

I like to be different and not do what everyone else does on a day to day basis 'go turbo' yes its the right thing to do if you want HIGH BHP but in my eyes whats the fun in knowing 'if i stick a turbo kit on i know full well its going to make 100+ more BHP' theres no project there.

in that case go supercharger, not many have dona that.

wow where are you getting your gearboxes from. Tripple or quadruple that price for a 6 speed mate. £2000 at best for bare box I think. Then you need clutch.

Keep on dreaming tho. We see a lot of threads like this (na tuning wise) and strangely enough never see the cars again. Wonder why

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)