The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MY Current wide body project sp71 billet turbo conversion

michel lane

I have been working on a third car for the past 2 years now and it nearly finish. The car is a 1995 model JSPEC TT . When I bought it , it had around 54k on the speedo. I decided to rebuild the car with similar parts as my existing single build .

If you look at the car , it looks like me white car but in Deep Blood red finish .I wanted the Trial rear end with the flared arches on the front and rear .

The arches are veilside overfenders which have been blended into the existing bodywork . These extentions will allow the car to run 12.5 inch rims at the rear . They have been professionally installed with all existing arches cut out and replaced .

The car consist of :

Engine :

Fully built bottom end :

Forged CP PISTONS 86MM

Forged EAGLE RODS

ARP HEAD BOLTS

NEW TOYOTA OIL PUMP

1.6MM HKS HEAD GASKET

New Toyota alternator

New harmonic dampaner

New Timing belt tensioner

Greddy timing belt

RPS street MAX clutch

Stock head with Brian crower springs

New hks 264in /ex cams

Single turbo conversion :

New Custom made S/S manifold (not Ebay xspower) unit

new 60 mm wastegate with 1.2 bar spring

New Sp(sound performance) 71gts .81 billet turbo (non ballbearing)

Custom heat shielding

Sound performance oil lines \ returns

Bliz 4inch FMIC, 3 inch pipework to inlet

New 3 inch custom D/P mid pip

New HKS super dragger 2 exhaust

Koyo racing radiator

New AAP electric fans with polish S/S shroud

New Mocal 16 row oil cooler

New 16 row Mocal Transmission cooler for power steering

New Remote oil filter relocation kit -12an lines

New Tial 50mm Bov

New Aeroquip oil hoses

New RPS street max single plate clutch (700lb torque) unit.

New FIC-2 magic 32 way adjustable suspension

Refurbished Stock UK/US brake calipers

Full custom wide body conversion

Gold Volk forged 11 inch rear wheels / 9.5 inch front with correct veilside offset

New Toyo R888 295 *30 *18 rear

New Toyo 255 *35 * 18 fronts

AEM ECU

AEM WIDE BAND

AEM BOOST CONTROLLER

GM 3 Bar boost solenode

NEXUS OIL PRESSURE/ FUEL PRESSURE / EGT / WATER TEMP 50MM digital display units

NEXUS control ecu with remote control unit ( has built in software for recording on to sd cards)

TRD strut bar

New Boostlogic billet 3 pump fuel hanger - 2 * walbro pumps currently

New Precision 1000cc injectors

New SP fuel rail

New Aeromotive 100micron -12an fuel filter

New Aeromotive FPR

HID lights

NEW HKS DLI-2

Powder coated IC pipes

Wax-oiled underbody

Custom relays and fuse holders

The interior is being leathered in a colour scheme black with red stiching . I am sure i have missed various items on the discription but will address this later.

As you can see it has been built to a standard were it will support 700+ hp and more . When Ryan does his magic on the tunning I would like to see 700hp from this setup, which is more then achivable. I was planning on keeping this as a third supra but have decided to sell it when its finished, as i have 3 now and its a bit much. Jurgen will be handling the sale of this car when its finished .

The car is immaculate, as most of the parts are new , I even got the dash repainted to stock colours. This car has been designed for everyday use and a softer tone on the exhaust, the ride hight is acceptable over speed bumps, and the clutch is very pleasent with no rattles . My White supra was the other extreme so I set out building this car for comfort. Since then I have a Aristo single which does a fantastic job for an old guy such as myself.

All of the front of the car has been painted black, as you are aware stone chips are a problem. The entire front end including FMIC / COOLERS / IC PIPES it also looks better and iam anel on the cosmetics. When i bought the car , there was rust spots everywere on the front, i got the paint shop to sand it down and paint it. The Rad shroud has been sealed to retain maximum airflow for cooling.

I am hoping 3-4 weeks for its final tune.

Copy of IMG00060-20100919-1641.jpg

Copy of IMG00055-20100919-1639.jpg

Copy of IMG00058-20100919-1640.jpg

Copy of IMG00059-20100919-1640.jpg

Copy of IMG00064-20100919-1641.jpg

Copy of IMG00065-20100919-1642.jpg

Copy of IMG00068-20100919-1644.jpg

Copy of IMG00074-20100919-1648.jpg

Copy of IMG00077-20100919-1652.jpg

Copy of IMG00063-20100919-1641.jpg

Copy of IMG00066-20100919-1642.jpg

Copy of IMG00072-20100919-1646.jpg

Copy of IMG00069-20100919-1645.jpg

Copy of IMG00070-20100919-1645.jpg

IMG00034-20100619-1012.jpg

IMG00036-20100619-1109.jpg

IMG00038-20100619-1109.jpg

IMG00081-20100919-1705.jpg

IMG00078-20100919-1653.jpg

IMG00054-20100919-1639.jpg

Edited by michel lane (see edit history)

The underneath of this car is immaculate, all metal parts have been sanded down and painted with rust preventant paint and wax-oiled . There has been alot of attention to detail on this build. The interior is a mess at the moment as i havent put all the guages on the panels yet . The seats will be sent of to Jurgen's leather man for new leather covers and stiching. Its hasent been polished yet and the pictures dont really show its true beauty, i can assure you it shines and the paintwork is excellent.

I debating on the spoiler , I have the ABFLUG unit to give it a touch of class and more down force , but also a carbon centre TRD unit with red sides to go on . It all depends what the buyer wants . I car looks fantastic without the spolier . I am not into the radio / hifi side , so there will not be a radio provided. Ill leave that to the new buyer.

Edited by michel lane (see edit history)

Was going to be my new one, but decided to work on the white car instead. Yes it was designed to look like your old car, we got good tastes :).

Iam giving the white car a makeover this year , I am impressed with your setup and think i will upgrade the turbo later this year. Next years project is going to be 1000hp ... the magic number.

And I am getting old , I bought a Porsche boxster S 987 as a runaround , I am very tempted on buying a 997 turbo now after having this boxster . But i just can't part with my supra.

Have you used parts from your white car Michel or have you just bought all new for the red one. Looks the nuts if you ask me. Nice work mate.

Hi John , thanks for your comments . No the white car is still intact , I think the only thing I used is the oil filler cap and AEM ECU. The rest I bought over the years. The white cars engine is a HKS unit with all HKS parts and a VW manifold. This car is based on the standard install for single conversions which I used to do. The body work is more rounded and it is quieter and easyer to drive . None of that rattle on the clutch and a much lighter feel.

The interior has smaller gauges, positioned in a different location. I hoping to do a full strip down this winter and new coat of paint for the white car. Sticking with white as is sexy ....

That sure is a lot of work mate. Someones goingvto get 1 hell of a car when you sell it.

Don't you fancy enjoying it a little before it's sold.

If i use it , ill want to keep it, unfortunately i have no control over my irrational decisions . I got married in two weeks from meeting my wife for the first time ... I bought my first supra after watching F&F 2 days later ... i contracted my first STD after being invited to a strippers house 30 minutes later.... :taped: so I have learnt my lesson ... to much information ..

if i use it , ill want to keep it, unfortunately i have no control over my irrational decisions . I got married in two weeks from meeting my wife for the first time ... I bought my first supra after watching f&f 2 days later ... I contracted my first std after being invited to a strippers house 30 minutes later.... :taped: So i have learnt my lesson ... To much information ..

:D