The mkiv Supra Owners Club

barryboys mock us

Attero

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, it's pretty awful parking. :) The car - it's not as bad as people are making it out to be. I mean, yes - it's vileside, but that's not in the worst state it could be.

But is this the reputation we are getting here? Supra is generally a globally loved car by all types of enthusiasts and non-enthusiasts. Don't let this ruin it for us. :)

Yep, it's pretty awful parking. :)

But is this the reputation we are getting here? Supra is generally a globally loved car by all types of enthusiasts and non-enthusiasts. Don't let this ruin it for us. :)

Unfortunately, as the car gets cheaper to buy, the more "Barry" it'll become. Cheap, poor fitting and generally ugly kits. Crap rear wings, cheap wheels, the whole "ramraided Halfords" look.

There's a few already around and more and more will come.

Unfortunately, as the car gets cheaper to buy, the more "Barry" it'll become. Cheap, poor fitting and generally ugly kits. Crap rear wings, cheap wheels, the whole "ramraided Halfords" look.

There's a few already around and more and more will come.

I swear I've been noticing the value of Supras actually increasing over the past few months.

The only way to keep the good reputation is to reject body kits, and keep it stock, IMO. Any deviation from OEM extras is asking for trouble.

Stock(ish) rules! ;)

I disagree there altho I see where your coming from. I think it's about keeping things simple, and most of all TASTEFUL. If you look at the ridox full kit, that is still classy without being oem. But I do agree that most kits are just awful.

The only way to keep the good reputation is to reject body kits, and keep it stock, IMO. Any deviation from OEM extras is asking for trouble.

Stock(ish) rules! ;)

On the outside;)

With the price that some MKIV sheds can be purchased, it will attract some owners that, can only afford, hideous, tasteless mods which will get and deserve ridicule. Poorly made and fitted kits sprayed with cans.

Keep it stock/option Toyota.

I really wouldn't care what anyone thought off my supra, main thing Is you love it yourself. After all it is a 14 year old car that won't last forever

Deep down i think we all care what others think of our cars if we're being honest ;) also theres lots of cars still going strong that are 100 years older than the mkiv ;)

Don't let it upset you, Ferrari Mondials and 400's are now worth sod all, and have attracted some "interesting" owners. It happens to all brands. Even early Bugatti 110's are hard to sell for anything like what some perceive their value to be, as they are no longer fashionable, and have a reputation for serious troubles. I daren't say what some friends (fiends...) at the pub call Supras and Skylines these days, very un PC :)