The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bit Expensive

Andrew Dunk Shaw

Phoned toyota today to get a price on a new cabin and boot floor carpet.

£683 + VAT and thats just for the cabin carpet as they no longer do the boot carpet,so they say.

Does anyone know of anywhere else i could try, i keep missing breakers yard cars, does anyone know about dyeing ( mines tan so might be poss to commercially dye it black.

Regards

Dunk

Yep, tis true. Can't remember how much weight it saved, a few kilos though. It's why the Supra hasn't got twin exhausts as well - more weight saving.

More trivia: the Supra has a 49/51% weight distribution. Personally I can't see how this is the case as all the heavy stuff is at the front but this is what Toyota claim!

Carpet - can't you just go and buy some from CarpetRight and seal up the edges to stop it fraying?

Originally posted by Peter Sharp

So, who is going to be brave and spray their carpet :eek:

Me cos I have a spare one!!! I want mine dyed red or black so I am gonna have a crack at it. When my spare is done the one that comes out of my car will then be available. After that I am happy to dye that one and send it on to who-soever wants it.

So theres a need to sorce someone to custom make at least 4 supra floor carpets in a short pile hardwearing office carpet in black :)

Thanks for the call Kevin, lookforward to hereing what your man in Japan can poss do.

Think Dude has poss got a guy that might be able to help regarding making a custom job.

Regards

Dunk

Originally posted by Andrew Dunk Shaw

So theres a need to sorce someone to custom make at least 4 supra floor carpets in a short pile hardwearing office carpet in black :)

Thanks for the call Kevin, lookforward to hereing what your man in Japan can poss do.

Think Dude has poss got a guy that might be able to help regarding making a custom job.

Regards

Dunk

Are you talking the entire carpet here or just the area's in front of the two front seats? If its the full thing surely dying of the existing carpets is going to be the most cost effective method?

Originally posted by Chris Wilson

But you missed the stiletto marks in the headlining, didn't you? :p

Is this another side to your talents Chris ?????? Or does the big Budgie have a penchant for kinky footwear :D

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by 200SX Boy

More trivia: the Supra has a 49/51% weight distribution. Personally I can't see how this is the case as all the heavy stuff is at the front but this is what Toyota claim!

Might be to do with the 300kg rear windscreen :p

Sod the carpet, get some laminate flooring from B&Q. Will come out a treat :D

A while ago i got a quote from toyota about the boot carpet and they said 320 or near that for it :p funny people them toyota lads, but they said it was still available. Put it on the wanted section and look on ebay, took me a week to get me one and cost 20 quid plus postage (better that 320 :D )