The mkiv Supra Owners Club

opinion on alloys...

ripped_fear

just started browsing the net looking for a new set of alloys and came accross these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140455324063&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

was wondering as to what you guys think to them i have a similar style set on the car already but in 17" and they are not quiet right.

heres a picture of my baby which they would be going onto...

opinions please...:)

i18265.jpg

I bought a set of wheels from DPMotorsport, the Axis Milano replicas. I replaced an expensive set of Rial Daytonas, gotta say for the price I am still very happy with them.

I did however opt for the Avon tyre upgrade. Tyres still have plenty of meat on them 3 years down the line.

Just my 2p worth :)

How many miles do you drive in a year and how do you drive them ?

How many miles do you drive in a year and how do you drive them ?

I've only done around 1000-1500 in the last year, partly due to it being in the garage for a few months at a time but the two previous years I reckon 12k each max.

I drive the car hard. The tyres take a bit of a slating by some, but I reckon for the extra couple of quid they are definitely worth it.

They must be seriously hard wearing if you drive hard and they've done 20,000 + miles and still have plenty left on them.

I got less than 10,000 out my last pair of rears

Yeah Dunk, I'm very happy with them. I reckon I've had them on for 3 and a half years now and for an extra £150 I don't see how you can go wrong.

Whats their grip like, especially in the wet ?

I can only compare them to the tyre's that came with the car, which I think were Continentals, I had absolutely no confidence in the car to begin with. It would slide out on the motorway when I put my foot down and I reckon it took me a good 6 months to get used to driving the Supra

Never had a problem on the Avon's though, and it's always pi55ing down up here :)

They are also waaay more durable than the Toyo Proxes I had on the previous car. I reckon I got 7k out of those:blink:

Thanks for all the comments interesting to have a read on all you guys opinions, as for the cleaning of the i no its a pain but if I really like them I don't mind spending the time.

As for the quality that's the bit i'm a little concerned over. Anyone know of a similar design and size alloy that i could have confidence in? i would be willing to pay for quality as long as they look how i want them to.

I can only compare them to the tyre's that came with the car, which I think were Continentals, I had absolutely no confidence in the car to begin with. It would slide out on the motorway when I put my foot down and I reckon it took me a good 6 months to get used to driving the Supra

Never had a problem on the Avon's though, and it's always pi55ing down up here :)

They are also waaay more durable than the Toyo Proxes I had on the previous car. I reckon I got 7k out of those:blink:

Thats really strange as i've had Conti 2's and 3's on my car and thought they were very good in the wet, my cars bpu with approx 420 ish hp.

Thanks for all the comments interesting to have a read on all you guys opinions, as for the cleaning of the i no its a pain but if I really like them I don't mind spending the time.

As for the quality that's the bit i'm a little concerned over. Anyone know of a similar design and size alloy that i could have confidence in? i would be willing to pay for quality as long as they look how i want them to.

BBS LMs. The original and the best. Alot of money though.