The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Detailing = effin hard work!

Kirk

Well i finaly got round to detailing the old girl at long last and i am KNACKERED. Ive spent a total of around 14 hours labouring the paint work. I dont know how christian (stonkin) can do it for a living :D.

Its not perfect by no means, the car has seen much better days, theres a few eye sores here and there but for 17 year old paint its not so bad.

Only got a couple of pictures with the phone, not the best, will do for now, i will get some more next week :)

Oh and for the people who have an eye for detail the bumper hasnt been touched as its being replaced with my freshly painted one ;)

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/425/img00017201009241633.jpg

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1171/img00018201009241633.jpg

Nice 1 mart, you obviously have too much time on your hands:)

Try a week off work :D

I like it looks good ill be the one to ask, what did you use?

To put it short

Meguiars quick clay

3M Fast cut

3M Ultrafina SE

50/50 Alcohol/water spray

Dodo lime prime lite

Meguiars nxt generation tech wax 2.0

and my trusty milwaukee polisher oh and alot of sweat and tears !

also are you keeping those alloys or do you have a tasty set waiting to go on ?

No ive got a nice set of 17s to go on once there painted although i have to say the stock 16s ride and handle so well!

How were the swirls before Martin? Mine's a nightmare for them, I had it detailed last year and was sitting perfect, I use a meg's mit and 2 buckets (sad I know) when washing it and they still came back, got it done again in June and it's holding up well so far. Washing it in winter takes it's toll as it gets so dirty (it's my daily driver), I want a snow foam lance to see if it makes a difference this winter.