barneybrendan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats where im aiming one day

Seems strange looking at what the yanks can make compaired to ours over here.

Would be very interesting to get Jamies' over on one of their dynos and see what it reads, whats the betting its well past the 1000 hp mark!

700+ WHP on stock internals and running a dizzy still seems far fetched to me. I think i'm gonna have to look into it more. What gets me, Ash is running NA-T and maxed out timing at about 400hp.

Reading some of their specs, how the hell are some of them running 700+ at the wheels with the dizzy still there. Spotted someone running 700 WHP with the dizzy still there and stock block and head!

That gives me ideas!

Building a TT or NA to (uk) 700rwhp will cost mega money.

You cant compare uk dyno numbers to the mustang and dynojet USA numbers, it just dont make sense the power they get for the boost they run, even comparing our fly power to there rwhp is hard to believe in most cases, 67mm turbos making 900rwhp just dont compute to me.

So, in theory, your car for example would/could be 1200WHP+ over there?

What are the stock US spec TT's HP figures? Are they still 326?

So, in theory, your car for example would/could be 1200WHP+ over there?

Maybe, who knows.... its hard to get a true reading from very powerfull RWD cars on SRR type dynos, the roller itself is very small compared to dynojet/mustang, the harder you strap them down the more power you lose, my car was strapped harder than any car they have ever had on there, broke two straps, now strapped with three staps all as tight as we could get them, not good for power, i reckon my car is near to a true 1000bhp now.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

does seem they make bigger gains from the na than we do here,would be interesting to see a fiew uk built cars get dynod in the states as a comparison.what is the limiting factor for the na is it the dizzy.it cant be the block as members have used the na bottom end on single builds

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

does seem they make bigger gains from the na than we do here,would be interesting to see a fiew uk built cars get dynod in the states as a comparison.

But they don't make more power in the US :) It's just the dyno's used in the US and the way they load them is very different to the UK. As Jamie sais earlier (and has been discussed in many threads), the figures the US tuners get with a like for like setup end up with whp figures roughly the same as FWHP we see here. As the power and specs go up the differences seem to increase.

I can't believe that our mappers here are any less talented than those in the US, so the only real difference is in the way the measurement is taken

In summary: US HP figures shouldn't be taken too seriously :) NA-T's especially so (especially club NA-T, half the stuff posted there is garbage, look at the FAQ's for a start!). Look towards the UK proven figures to see what is really possible

does seem they make bigger gains from the na than we do here,would be interesting to see a fiew uk built cars get dynod in the states as a comparison.what is the limiting factor for the na is it the dizzy.it cant be the block as members have used the na bottom end on single builds

Well Ash's build is TT pistons, GE HG, 440 injectors and still it hit a wall with timing at just shy of 400hp

so ideally the na head swapped for a tt one with the coil packs would be a better bet like fearless had before he went v8

Yep, but if you're pulling the motor apart you might as well swap the pistons for TT ones, which essentially is going to get you a GTE lump, once you swap the head it's not NA-T anymore, its TT->single.

Yep, but if you're pulling the motor apart you might as well swap the pistons for TT ones, which essentially is going to get you a GTE lump, once you swap the head it's not NA-T anymore, its TT->single.

True, minus the squirters, its pretty much the same. Again, i've noticed the yanks prefer the GE block for huge HP builds!

true so is it down to the dizzy then thats the limiting factor.

From what I've heard from the mappers and tuners here, yes, the lack of timing adjustment is an enormous limiting factor on the NA-T. When GTE engines are converted to single, its the timing adjustments that allow the big power, without them even a GTE single conversion will struggle to make 500bhp.