The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Late Supra TT or M12 GTO

Lewis

A predicament......

I shall be moving shortly and freeing up some cash.

My current NA will be up for sale this week and then I have a decision to make......

For similar amounts of cash I am toying between a late model Supra and a noble m12 GTO....

I would appreciate any feedback/suggestions between the two.

Originally posted by mcanny

Noble - but can you get one "For similar amounts of cash" to a late Supra?

How late a Supra are we talking?

i will be able to obtain about 30k so I guess the comparison should be more like "I can get either"

I still havent decided whether to spend the whole 30k or just buy something older and pocket the money for a rainy day..... I will decide nearer the time.

Just putting the feelers out at the moment, it may come to nothing.

Bit second hand info this, but.....my best mate did one of those drive six supercar days. Including his dream car, a diablo, a viper and a m12 gto. He said there was absolutley no comparison, the m12 gto blew everything away easily AND you could drive it daily !

I wouldn't personally spend that much on a car but its of course down to you. No disrespect to the Supra as there's no denying its fantastic, but its a 11 year old sub £5K car now. If you want something rare and special I would go for the noble if its between those two.

But for that sort of money you have got an excellent range to choose from.

Lucky you:cool:

lol - well to go against the grain slightly I'm not sure I'd go for the Noble.

My otherhalf's Uncle has driven them and he says they are too much kit car for the money. He drove the latest 400R and wasn't impressed with it's on track ability. but he did say it had very good road manners. Personally I'd buy a car like that for extreme track use.

but if I was going for extrem track use, my money would go on an Exige S2 with an aftermarket Supercharger kit (which if there is a god will become a factory fitted option :) )

How about an NSX?

It feels like treason, but I'd go for the Noble.

But I'd want to see how comfortable they are to live with first. Supra = comfort and speed. It's a GT car. The Noble strikes me as being more of an out and out racer.

But that depends on what you're after of course.

How reliable are they? (my No. 1 requirement in a car)

According to the many road tests on TV it is supposed to be a superb car to drive.

Not sure what it would be like for everyday use.

But one major aspect puts me off , it just looks too much like a kit car especially from the front!

Could get a really nice 911 for that price, low depreciation and bullet proof reliability.

All info greatly appreciated.

I have heard similar things about the interiour not being up to scratch but I think I am correct in saying that they are all hand built and in that case I don't mind a bit of rustic.

The Mrs wants a new car too so it will all depend on what she wants as to whether I can afford one or not and to be honest I wouldn't mind having a late model supe in the slightest.

We'll see what happens.

Thanks again for the info.

For £30k there is so much choice out there.

A Noble is a great car, it gets fantastic handling reviews by anyone who drives it.

But for £30k you could get a good £10k-£15k Supra and spend the difference in modifications and make a car that is capable of the 200mph area !!!

Alternatively there are the like of TVR and the Cerberra or Tuscan etc. All very fast cars in standard form.

You feckin turn coats :D

I'm gonna say definitely 2002 import supra.

At the last place I worked one of the blokes there bought a brand spankers noble M12 GTO. I think the base model is something like £47K. He had the dogs model with all the options, so can only guess how much he paid.

He was treated like a tosser. Well OK he was a tosser. And French, but that's not the point. He placed an order at the motorshow in something like October/November 02. He was told April 03. He finally got it August.

When I had a look inside I personally thought for a car of, lets say for the sake of arguement fifty grand, was shocking. Somebody mentioned kit car already. Another one of my mates had an S1 Lotus Espirit (Bond stylee) that was best part of 30 years old or something like that and it was probably on par interior wise. (And old lotus interiors are shite)

Bearing in mind the bloke who got this noble had this choice to make. Noble M12 GTO or Porsche 911. He chose Noble because it meant he didn't have to take a loan out. I bet he's gutted that he didn't now. Oh and it looks ridiculous because it's got the mecano set spoiler on the back, which OK in Monaco/L.A, fine, you could probably get away with, but Brackley in Northants???

Performance wise OK it's got the edge over the Supe. But bearing in mind your on a forum that is basically about modding supras, how many performance parts do you think you could get for a turbo charged mondeo engine? (Don't know of any 10 second mondeo's but am looking forward to be proved wrong here)

Ohhh you lot have got me going now.... RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT

I think we were looking at it more from an individuality perspective. Not many of us have actually seen one (let alone the inside of one), so can't comment on quality, handling, etc.

There are only around 1000 Supras in the country... far fewer Nobles though I would have thought...?