The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is anyone doing the Aintree track day on the 2nd October?

Chris Wilson

As it's cheap and quite near I have booked one of the increasingly rare track days at Aintree circuit for the 2nd of October, a Saturday. Is anyone here going? It's in sessions, quite a safe track, with lots of history, and you may get to see some pretty dramatic single seaters that usually do sprints stretching their legs.

I only booked yesterday, but I think they are due to end very soon.

http://www.liverpoolmotorclub.com/track-day-information/

Since getting the Lola engine back from the dyno and adding up what I have spent on it, it seemed sacrilege to just slap it in the the car and not sort out the rest, so I had a mad moment and have stripped the rest of the rolling chassis to the last nut and bolt. The tub is being soda blasted to bare carbon and then re painted in its original Camel yellow. I have just brought all the alloy chassis components back from Birmingham where I had them all stripped bare and re anodised, and all the steel stuff is going to be X rayed and if OK Kephos coated. I am renewing all the NAS bolts and using all new K nuts and Allen bolts. Even just saving the money for the diesel down to south Wales will mean I can eat a few more square meals :) I had decided to just do one more Oulton day, but I have a soft spot for Aintree, and it is just up the road, relative to Llandow.

Have a good day, and take care!

The Skyline isn't that exciting really, compared to the sort of things the like of Jamie P are doing to MKIV engines :)

225/40/18 but the car is limited to what rim width it can run without major body mods, and it's going to be returned to duties more akin to its original one owner, automatic, bone stock, past very soon :) Sometimes cars are nicer and easier to drive to their limits with less tyre section, and they are certainly cheaper to keep in new tyres, which is something I have to consider with that car, as it does a LOT of track miles.