The mkiv Supra Owners Club

choosing the right car

Guest high tower

Guest high tower

looking to by my first supra but the wife wants me to get a subaru for more room,,

i have 2 small kids... is there room for the kids..and room in the boot for a pram

i dont want to spend alot on my first one... i love these cars and always wanted one ,,i have seen afew for around 3500 to 5000

iam i just dreaming and need to buy a audi estate..l.o.l

Young kids in a car seat should be fine. The boot is fairly big but the rear window is low so height is an issue.

For your budget you're looking at a non-turbo either manual or auto, I would go for an unmolested example that has been well looked after, have a look in the classifieds section on here, Pistonheads and ebay. If you find one you're interested in, post details here so we can give it a once over for you.

See guides HERE

great cars, but when me the wife and our five year old go out we mostly take the wifes car, my brother has a supra to when he goes out with his partner and his twelve year old son they nearly always takes his van because his son has no room in the back of his supra.

I personally wouldn't have a Supra for a "family" car. There isn't much room, if any, in the back. Getting in and out of the back is a pain. The boot, although large, isn't very deep so is limited with the amount of stuff you can get in. I can't believe I would say this but the Subupoo is probably the more practical car for your needs (although I would still rather struggle like hell and own a Supra than drive an Impreza :tongue:).

Guest high tower

thanks for your replays

maybe i will get a scooby till i can afford the insurance on a supra and a second car..

i don't know my heads spinning

time will soon tell

Guest high tower

iam sorry ladies and gentleman

going to buy a subaru off a friend..

very nice 2000 awd turbo..full engine rebuild 25000 miles ago..

very clean body work..

but would like to stay in the forum because one day i will put my supra pics on....i hope..

iam sorry ladies and gentleman

going to buy a subaru off a friend..

very nice 2000 awd turbo..full engine rebuild 25000 miles ago..

very clean body work..

but would like to stay in the forum because one day i will put my supra pics on....i hope..

Sounds like you made a good decision. After reading some of the early posts in this thread I thought we were talking about a different car. The rear seats are useless in a Supe unless the front seat passengers are only 5 feet.

I have two young lads, 3 & 7 and we can't get all four of us in our Supe. My wife is 5ft 1" and when she drives you can sit one behind her, I am 6ft and there is no leg room as my seat has to go all the way back..!!

This is practically a 2 seater car.....:(

H.