The mkiv Supra Owners Club

caliper brake bracket fabricating?

davej705

Guest mike6187
Originally posted by: jackso11

I think brackets for brake caliper is a bad idea. They just add a weak point to where the brakes attach to the car, which can only mean trouble. Get brakes that fit.

i think its not that bad to have brake caliper brackets but i it's better to just find brakes that surely fit... you can find it easily at any auto part house.

Edited by mike6187 (see edit history)

I think brackets for brake calipers is a bad idea. They just add a weak point to where the brakes attach to the car, which can only mean trouble. Get brakes that fit.

:blink:

Once you move away from stock calipers you are almost certain to need brackets. Just buy the right ones from K sport, £280 is a fair price, to get one offs made without a CNC programme or a pattern to copy, then send for hard anodizing will cost that much, plus involve a lot of messing about, time and potential hassle.

:thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...