The mkiv Supra Owners Club

advice and opinion wanted

monza786

hi guys just want your opinion on three things im having a full body respray on my mk iv supra in the three tone flip paint colour the colour on thr tvr tuscan in sordfish,is this a good colour and is this wise as all my friends are teling me its a lot of money and touch ups are hard if a prat or jelous twat scratches the car.

secondly im putting a vented bonnet on is this a bad idea when it rains ect

lastly should i take the stock spoiler off or on or put a after market 1 on,and in also thinking of putting a carbon bonnet will that look good or out of place maybe some 1 has some pics of 1s already done in that colour.

Edited by monza786 (see edit history)

Get one little scratch & it is pretty much impossible to match without re-spraying large area's. If you decide on vented bonnets (which can look nice) make sure they have rain vents so then the rain doesn't all dribble on the engine. If you have a polished engine bay it won't stay as polished if you have vents.

Stock spoiler is good, up to you on this as long as you don't stick on a VS Spoiler! :D

It would be best to check with a body shop regarding the paint, after all, if it does get damaged they are the ones who would have to repair it.

Lee has flip paint on his car, check his garage for some pics.

Regarding the styling, that is totally up to you, regarding vented bonnets, make sure there is something to stop the rain running straight onto your engine. The advice above is good.

ill post some pics of the work being carried out as soon as i know how to upload the pics i cant seem to for some reason and i am going for the flip paint,what the hekk lol,maybe lamo doors next

The flip paint is bad enough, thats been done to death but Lambo doors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no no no