The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Lexus wheels, will they fit?

TrevS

Hi all

I am currently looking at buying a set of new lexus wheels for my Supra to give the car a modern yet OEM look. My car is an NA with standard brakes.

The wheels in question are from a new IS250 F-sport. The wheel sizes are:

Front - 18"x8" 40mm offset

Rear - 18"x8.5" 40mm offset

I am still trying to work out how offsets etc work but used the offset calculator and got these numbers back.

Front

Rear

Finally would the width of the rear wheels be an issue as they are only 8.5" wide?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Trevor

Edited by TrevS (see edit history)

Yeah they look lovely and have that OEM kind of look which I like, nothing to over the top. I think the rear wheel widths are going to be too narrow though which is a real shame.

Trev

a 20mm spacer would go in fine, i would have though, i would say there room to have bigger spacers all round bringing them flush to the archs

a 20mm spacer would go in fine, i would have though, i would say there room to have bigger spacers all round bringing them flush to the archs

Only if you value looks over handling.

I would keep looking Trev for a more suitable wheel size. How about a set of the Lexus GS300 wheels? Pics HERE

Only if you value looks over handling.

I would keep looking Trev for a more suitable wheel size. How about a set of the Lexus GS300 wheels? Pics HERE

Cheers Nic

I have looked at those, they are very nice but I don't like them as much as the F-sport wheels. I did think that I could get the rears widened as there is a company I know that have done a few fellow Ford GT40 owners wheels in the past.

Trev