The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my first supra

Guest wantthatone

Guest wantthatone

hi all, im hoping the guy has made his mind up & sells me his supra (my first) tomorrow, i told the wife how imperative it is we have one:innocent:.... if all goes well is there something i should know while viewing? he has informed me it has drivers side slight knocks front & back which he puts down to bushes, he has assured me the subframe bolts are torqued,,, anything more sinister????

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha has your wife seen it? :p Nice conversation after you buy it - I guess you'll owe her a lot

This forum is full of tips and advice. Search before you ask questions (I didn't sometimes) or the forum Ninjas will come and find you and take the keys of your Supra for a small period of time

Enjoy your stay and as soon as you get it, post up some pics :)

Guest wantthatone

hi guys, im in weston super mare, my main addiction is 911s, got the 997 zeemax in my garage, nitrous etc 415bhp standing 1/4 mail 11.2secs, but i have always wanted the supra.. read stories of 500bhp+++++ the guy is a member on here, but i wouldnt have a clue what to look for, read the buyers guide, but you know what its like when your out shopping with a pocket full of cash, all sense goes out the window!! if it is the bushes is this a relative easy fix? i suppose the upper or lower control arms come fitted with the bushes so no need to rebush, just replace??

hi all, im hoping the guy has made his mind up & sells me his supra (my first) tomorrow, i told the wife how imperative it is we have one:innocent:.... if all goes well is there something i should know while viewing? he has informed me it has drivers side slight knocks front & back which he puts down to bushes, he has assured me the subframe bolts are torqued,,, anything more sinister????

Lower arms, top mounts, shocks ? anything like that could be causing the knock but i would ask why its not been fixed.

Bushes from what ?

wrexham, he comes across as a decent guy

You'd hardly be a tw@t if you were trying to sell some chump (generalisation) your car :D

Welcome to the club, and I'd agree you should be a little wary of unsorted problems on a car up for sale. Don't rush into a purchase if you're not 100% sure. There are plenty of member cars on here that pop up for sale, and you can generally search for a full parts and service history just by posts.

If you can wait, then your best bet would be to talk to Jurgen (Jurgen-Jm-Imports) on here to source you a car for your budget. You'll get a beauty out of him.

In fact, if you have a £23k budget now..........

Welcome to the forum mate :thumbs:

It is a members car ..... Mine.

There is nothing to be wary of at all, the car is in far better condition than most supras I've come across. Plus, having owned a supra for nearly 7years and been actively part of the forum for 6 Id like to think i know exactly what to look for when buying one, so I wouldn't have bought it in the first place if it wasn't tip top :-)

It's a genuine, straight, unmodified very clean supra, and a great buy also, it drives better than my single, I'd happily keep it if I could justify paying two insurance premiums.

I have actually said on the advert that I'll do the bushes if need be, but the price of the car would be more. I've not done them as I haven't had the time, I'm sure some people would rather do it themselves and save a few hundred quid, so the option is there to do so.

There is nothing to be wary of at all, the car is in far better condition than most supras I've come across. Plus, having owned a supra for nearly 7years and been actively part of the forum for 6 Id like to think i know exactly what to look for when buying one, so I wouldn't have bought it in the first place if it wasn't tip top :-)

It's a genuine, straight, unmodified very clean supra, and a great buy also, it drives better than my single, I'd happily keep it if I could justify paying two insurance premiums.

I have actually said on the advert that I'll do the bushes if need be, but the price of the car would be more. I've not done them as I haven't had the time, I'm sure some people would rather do it themselves and save a few hundred quid, so the option is there to do so.

At the price your selling it for i'm surprised its not been sold already.

Another supra in weston super mud it is then :D

Guest wantthatone

hi martin, i was just seeing if the knocking is a common fault on these cars, maybe there is room for you to do the bushes & we could include it in the deal somehow!!??

hi martin, i was just seeing if the knocking is a common fault on these cars, maybe there is room for you to do the bushes & we could include it in the deal somehow!!??

The bushes aren't too common to be honest, subframe is, and was my original thought, but bushes it is. There is room for me to do it, i have access to garage bits, ramp etc. I'm going to be having a look at the car this evening so i'll see how it goes.

Martin does say that he will do them for you but it will cost you an extra £300 for him to do it.

There is no cash involved mate, Damon (wantthatone), wants to do a swap with his Mk4 golf gti turbo. I am happy to do them though, appreciate some buyers want that peace of mind it is nothing major.

At the price your selling it for i'm surprised its not been sold already.

Another supra in weston super mud it is then :D

You and me both mate :( i thought it would have been snapped up, the supra market is a little slow at the moment it seems.

the anticipation is killing me martin!! are you awake yet:rolleyes:;)

I didn't get to bed from working nights until 8am this morning matey, and i love my sleep, didn't get up until 4ish :)

Edited by Marty (see edit history)

Sorry mate, no offence intended. ;)

As I was saying, Marty is a top bloke who would never pull a fast one and you can rest assured his car is the bees knees :innocent::D

Guest wantthatone

hi guys, i can only assume it's not meant to be:( soon as i find a decent one , i will report & add pics, once again thanks for all your help, & i hope to meet some of you soon.

Guest wantthatone

hi martin, im hoping search & rescue have found mike:p! sent an email across to you today, i know your off this week, im wondering if you have had any luck as of yet!!:innocent:

Guest wantthatone

well, after much nail chewing! i am now a supra owner!! i will be collecting her early next week, with the bushes done!! i would like to give martin a big thank you!! im sure i got on his nerves!!:innocent: i cant wait to drive the car home, im not sure what to expect realy, but sure it will liven the senses:D, thanks to all,

got the 997 zeemax in my garage, nitrous etc 415bhp standing 1/4 mail 11.2secs, but i have always wanted the supra..

Welcome,

For saying you have a 415bhp nitroused motor that does an 11 second 1/4 you will be bored of an N/A. Thought with that sat in the garage you would "know what to look for" when buying. Get some pics up of both motors we like pics :D