The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anybody know this car ??

Guest simonb9

It doesn't look familiar at all.

The spec looks good but I would question what has been done to the auto box? Has it been uprated or just replaced, I know a lot of members who auto's have bene chewed up on higher horsepowers. Someone will be along shortly who know more about these things..!!

H.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest simonb9
Im sure mark Adams knows the car well, give him a bell :sly:

Ok cheers - who's Mark Adams BTW ?! Sorry a bit of a newbie in these Jap circles !!

Can I contact him through this forum ?

I know that car its a very nice example the guy selling it Mark has had it for seven years and built the car to a very high standard.

Lovely guy too used to work for a Supra garage has bags of knowledge and expertise in this field and i can assure that he cut no corners and the car will be a good one.

I think the car made 570 at the hubs a few weeks ago.

defo worth a look if you can live with the auto box.

Guest simonb9

Thanks for the replies - guys got back to me.

Recently mapped at Thor Racing by Peter Betts on their hub dyno.

It has a standard Toyoto box but was rebuilt with uprated clutch bands, a high flow oil pump, new seals, and a Pro Torque torque convertor. It isn't a high stall though - does this matter ?.

The previous owner worked for Abbey Motorsport, TDI and SPC Horsham.

Sounds like it might be worth looking at ?

I know this car !! although it has changed slightly over a few months...

Guy called Phil used to own it at SPC (sussex performance centre ) in horsham, used to go in and look at it sometimes, very nice guy and knew everything about anything to do with supra's so i doubt very much if he's done anything bodge/dodgey on it.

id say that you couldnt get a better looked after car or a car thats owner had the knowledge, if you tried a hundred times.

I beleive he sold it due to SPC going out of buisness. sad times :(

Definatley worth a look but im pretty sure if you go to see it and dont take the cash, you will be gutted you had to make 2 journeys lol

good luck though ... sure it will be a winner.

p.s. i am in no way related / know of phil selling this car , hes just a nice guy and done me lots of favours in the past with my sup :-)

Edited by Lee_e (see edit history)