The mkiv Supra Owners Club

aftermarket twin turbo set ups

sams

Im talking about the hks twin gt2835's and the blitz set up as in thread: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=82952

ignoring the cost of the kits whats peoples opinions on them? and there pros and cons

im toying around with ideas for next year, im tempted with these. running at the full 1.5bar.

any idea what power levels these would be good for would help.

i dont want to go single,(it is just not an option for me) the hks and blitz kits look the part IMO, but i like the idea of the hybrids as there an easy fit with no custom fab work needed

The HKS and Blitz kits are both big hp kits circa. 700-800+hp and would require a LOT of supporting parts, engine rebuild and a serious amount of money.

The hybrid turbos you link to would be good for around 450hp with supporting mods (cams, ECU, fueling, etc.) Not sure I'd risk running them up to 1.5bar.

The HKS and Blitz kits are both big hp kits circa. 700-800+hp and would require a LOT of supporting parts, engine rebuild and a serious amount of money.

The hybrid turbos you link to would be good for around 450hp with supporting mods (cams, ECU, fueling, etc.) Not sure I'd risk running them up to 1.5bar.

i thought the twin gt2835's were 600-700 at most

In one breath you talk of HKS twins and in the other stock twins that have been messed about with, Huge difference between the two.

They will do 1000+bhp

i understand that they are a huge difference,

i just wanted thoughts on them and seperate thoughts on the hybrids.

what power is the blitz kit good for?

Edited by sams (see edit history)

how far will the HKS 3037 twins go to,

im shocked at how much they can produce

can they be riened back to run around 600 then, if they can they sound the best option for future increases

1100+bhp, they can run as little power as you want, what would the point in that be? pick a turbo/turbos to get the power you want.

1100+bhp, they can run as little power as you want, what would the point in that be? pick a turbo/turbos to get the power you want.

i dnt really know what i want,

never been in a supra that over 500.

if i went for a target of 600, other than single (which i dont consider an option) i suppose the hks kits would be my only option if the blitz are no longer available

Whats your budget for this?

Whats wrong with a single setup?

if all goes to plan 11k maybe bit more, baring in mind it be around next may time id start

there nothing wrong with single, just not my cup'o'tea, want to be different to the crowd

if all goes to plan 11k maybe bit more, baring in mind it be around next may time id start

there nothing wrong with single, just not my cup'o'tea, want to be different to the crowd

Budget is a bit low if you are looking at HKS twins or the like, if you want to be different go single, they come with twins......