The mkiv Supra Owners Club

engine buy

gazzi123

I would call your local Toyota dealer as i've not heard of them being discontinued yet.

Not sure if you can buy a fully built engine though, i think they list a fully built head along with a fully built bottom end.

SRD on here are doing some fully built engines

We will beat any advertised price on a Toyota bottom end/head. Direct from Toyota. Beware though if you do have a problem you WILL need to fight tooth and nail to get any form of compensation.

It will come as the bottom end, that means you need to fit the oil pump and sumps and ALL ancillaries, if anything goes wrong Toyota will say itsd a fault in the assembly. There was a whole batch that got sold in the states with the wrong size bearings.

You also need a new oil pump and water pump if you want everything to be nice and new and shiny, IMO opinion its better to buy/build a complete engine thats balanced and has better internals ie forged pistons and ARP bolts. You will notice the difference in a balanced engine straight away, to do this isd virtually no diff in price, i think we are doing the 5 or 6th one now after having problems with a faulty Toyota block (which was replaced after 6 months arguing with Toyota), if we ever fit another Toyota block we will dissasemble and check all the bearings etc before fitting in the car, which seems ridiculous.

I will post some pics of Hecklers on the dyno, new forged engine fully balanced 550hp with a small turbo on a cast manifold and its still a new tight block. With a new 6262 on a tubular manilold it would be WELL over 600hp but egt's stopped boost going up any more.

I'd be curious to know the price of a complete built head assembly from Toyota, I didn't know they listed them. Anyone got a part number? My RB26 engine was built from all new parts, new block, new crank, rods, pistons, all new ancillaries save alternator and starter motor, new head casting, new valves, springs, cams et cetera. Working with new castings you know have never been overheated is always nice.

I'd be curious to know the price of a complete built head assembly from Toyota, I didn't know they listed them. Anyone got a part number? My RB26 engine was built from all new parts, new block, new crank, rods, pistons, all new ancillaries save alternator and starter motor, new head casting, new valves, springs, cams et cetera. Working with new castings you know have never been overheated is always nice.

Im always in a quandry over the old vs new argument chris, the americans seem to make a big deal over using a 'seasoned' block over a 'green' one and have you heard that in the days of turbo formula one cars when BMW were using 2002 blocks they were put out the back of the factory and the workers were encouraged to go piss on em for 6 months.