The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tt m189 ukm

Guest bhrkp

Hi not been on here for a very long time, I'm thinking about buyin the above car, its got this clubs stickers in the back window, had a look at it and it looks a very nice clean car, no mods which I like, its a twin turbo, M reg, 65000 miles, auto, silver, asking price is £6500

Does any1 know who the last owner was, and if there is anything wrong with it that I haven't seen ? and is the price about right ?

Thanks for any help :)

Thats the car, but its a different garage selling it, the sticker is in the bottom of the rear screen, centre. black with silver writing I think. What do you lot think of it ?

Will ask about the price, I already asked them to drop £500 :)

I just noticed that, didn't see heated seat switch aswell, would it have heated seats if so where would the seat be ? or the cd auto changer, but again if its got 1 where would it b ?

That first one does look very tidy indeed and the pedals, wheel, seats etc, do seem to indicate lower mileage. However, as others have suggested, I'd definetly do a BIMTA check on it to confirm. The listing does look like a copy/paste from a UK spec car so the seller is obviously not too clued up - use it to your advantage :D

It's got the larger brakes too, so that's worth about £800-1000 on the price.

Note to Self: Don't buy a Car from Dunk. :p

Ofcourse i would never entertain the idea of clocking a car and was just using mine as an example ;) im afraid a lot of the car trade doesn't think the same and when you have an imported car with no overseas history and a car that holds up well to high miles then your seriously at risk when buying one.

I work in and around the car trade and the stories, things you see etc aren't great.

Don't get me wrong i don't doubt there are genuine low mileage imports for sale but being a cynical old git i'd need serious proof, proof like Jurgen offers with translated service history etc

Don't get me wrong i don't doubt there are genuine low mileage imports for sale but being a cynical old git i'd need serious proof, proof like Jurgen offers with translated service history etc

Being cynical is a very good thing when buying any car, especially an import where mileage and history can be hidden during the import process.

For the OP: There are simple checks that can be made, companies can cross reference the auction system (which is incredibly strict & detailed in Japan), to see what actually went through the system. It's possible that cars get clocked beforehand but even then the Japanese system makes this much more difficult to mask than most other countries. It's only about £10 for a basic mileage check from the Japanese auction houses, companies in the UK offer the service.

This check should at least rule out clocking after the car has left Japan, where is it very common.

BIMTA is more involved and can be difficult to complete prior to purchase.

Ofcourse i would never entertain the idea of clocking a car and was just using mine as an example ;) im afraid a lot of the car trade doesn't think the same and when you have an imported car with no overseas history and a car that holds up well to high miles then your seriously at risk when buying one.

I work in and around the car trade and the stories, things you see etc aren't great.

advantage of a UK spec :D

There is some history, only had a quick look, the car is very clean, like the mileage is correct, just had a look at a skyline with 28000 on the clock, yeah right !!!! that looked more like 228000 lol

Had a better look around it today, subject to a few things I found its mine, :) can any1 tell me what the warning triangle is about, when I took it for a drive last week and braked hard it came on with the hand brake light, take it that's low brake fluid, but today I had it running on the forecourt and the light was on on its own, the bonnet and door was open, as was the handbrake, I closed the door and took the handbrake off, light still on, then shut the bonnet, got back in and the light had gone off. But when I opened the bonnet it didn't come back on, any ideas ?