The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wheel adapter stuck, how to remove it? (pics)

bigsupra

... So when I got my car from Japan it already had the adapters on the 7.5J rims it came with for the rear.

My right side one simply just came off, it was just a spacer. My left side it seems to be stuck in place with those round gray bolt things.

I pecked at it with a hammer to see if it would loosen, but It didn't. What can I try or should do to remove it? my news rims will be 18x10 +25 offset for the rear, so I need it off

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/29/img0292pg.jpg

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4039/img0293st.jpg

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4357/img0295ui.jpg

cheers

me and my dad removed the rear brake discs on our rx300 the other day. The left side came off no problem but the right side the brake shoe was seized on the only way we could get it off was wacking it with a hammer. I think the only way you are going to get it off is to spray a shit load of wd40 or similar were the faces meet, leave it over night and then bash the hell out of it with a rubber mallet hopefully it will eventually come off otherwise you are going to have to get inventive.

Get yourself a small pin-punch and use it, along with a hammer, to loosen the flush fitting retaining nuts off in an anti-clockwise direction. Kind of like a chiselling action but with the tip of the pin-punch located at the edge of one of the 4 holes on each nut.

Being tapered nuts they might need a fair bit of persuasion to start moving but I don't forsee any other problem.

Get yourself a small pin-punch and use it, along with a hammer, to loosen the flush fitting retaining nuts off in an anti-clockwise direction. Kind of like a chiselling action but with the tip of the pin-punch located at the edge of one of the 4 holes on each nut.

Being tapered nuts they might need a fair bit of persuasion to start moving but I don't forsee any other problem.

What he said.....

It is definitely still bolted on with the grey nuts. They are an anti tamper nut. check in the spare wheel well, ashtray,toolkit or glove box for the correct tool as it may be about the car.. if you cant find it do as pedro says... also give them a good soaking with wd40 or the like goodluck