The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stupid Question of the Day

GlennK

Seems strange to have got that much extra in but i wouldnt overly worry about it. You have just reminded me about a fuel query

Rather than start a new thread, i have a quick question regarding the gauge.

Where abouts is the needle in your cars when the light comes on?

After fitting new dials, i filled the car up and placed the needle back on the full mark. Now the light comes on when it gets to the last line before the empty section which i think is slightly high but cant remember where it used to come on before. Think i may need to move it slightly lower.

(hope you dont me posting this in here, just thought i would join the stupid thread :) )

I always fill it up to the top of the neck (and only ever had a max fill of 65l in the past) - the only thing that's changed is the stock pump has been replaced with the Bosch one. But 4l worth of displacement saved? I don't think so.

Tony, It's Tesco Napier Road Reading - 99 RON and only 116.9ppl!! But good point - maybe their metering is off.....

And I didn't get as low as the warning light coming on. And I have the Speedhut stick on dials too. I'll keep a watch next time.

Seems strange to have got that much extra in but i wouldnt overly worry about it. You have just reminded me about a fuel query

Rather than start a new thread, i have a quick question regarding the gauge.

Where abouts is the needle in your cars when the light comes on?

After fitting new dials, i filled the car up and placed the needle back on the full mark. Now the light comes on when it gets to the last line before the empty section which i think is slightly high but cant remember where it used to come on before. Think i may need to move it slightly lower.

(hope you dont me posting this in here, just thought i would join the stupid thread :) )

Mine was pretty much as the needle met the very end of the scale.

Good point. Mine's a JDM import. Here's the spec sheet:

Mark IV

Also called Toyota Supra MK IV

Production 1993–2002

Platform JZA8x

Engines 3 L (2997 cc, 183 cu in) 2JZ-GE I6, 3 L (2997 cc, 183 cu in) 2JZ-GTE I6

Transmissions 5-MT W58, 6-MT V16x, 4-Speed A341E automatic

Wheelbase 2550 mm

Length 4515 mm

Width 1811 mm

Height 1265 mm

Curb weight 1460 kg ~ 1581 kg