The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can I run 19" wheels on this offset and size.

SupraStar 3000

Sorry for yet another wheel size question, but I need to get this right as i'm importing some wheels from the US, so no return option.

Can I run 19" wheels on this offset and size.

I understand I may need some arch rolling on the rear, but I hope to keep this to a minimum

front 19x9.5 +35

rear 19x11.0 +34

tire size,

front 245/30

rear 275/30

P.C.D 5x 114.3

I'll never understand offsets.....:(

Basically, imagine the back part of the wheel that sits up against the hub, if this is bang in the centre of the wheel, then the offset is 0, if it's say 20mm towards the outside(meaning that the wheel will sit 20mm further inside the arch, the it's +20, if it's 20mm towards the inside(meaning that the wheel sits 20mm further out) then it's -20

So to put it into context, say you want a 10 inch wide wheel to sit bang flush with the arch, you measure up and if it is say 4.5 inches from hub to arch, then you need 5.5 sat inside, then 4.5 on the out side, so this will be a positive offset of 0.5 inches, which is 1.2 cm, so that means you will need a +12 offset.

Hope that helps and hasn't just confused you further :)

Basically, imagine the back part of the wheel that sits up against the hub, if this is bang in the centre of the wheel, then the offset is 0, if it's say 20mm towards the outside(meaning that the wheel will sit 20mm further inside the arch, the it's +20, if it's 20mm towards the inside(meaning that the wheel sits 20mm further out) then it's -20

So to put it into context, say you want a 10 inch wide wheel to sit bang flush with the arch, you measure up and if it is say 4.5 inches from hub to arch, then you need 5.5 sat inside, then 4.5 on the out side, so this will be a positive offset of 0.5 inches, which is 1.2 cm, so that means you will need a +12 offset.

Hope that helps and hasn't just confused you further :)

Thanks Mark. I have been trying to sort out some wheels for mine but the staggered fitment has done my head in....:D

I don't want to roll the arches but would like to be as far out as I can without doing that. I have seen some wheels that are 8.5" on the front with 235/40/19 tyres. The rears are 9.5" with 265/35/19 on the back. What offset would look good without me rolling the arches?

This answer will possibly help me understand. Stock is +50 I think on an 8" wide 17" diameter wheel.

Am I right in thinking that I need a +38 offset on the front and +30 offset on the rear?

H.