The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi and can you recomend a car ?!

Guest simonb9

Hi all - new to the site and I'm thinking of buying a Supra purely because of the immense performance they can offer.

I've recently sold a Monaro but need more power ! I saw a modified Supra run at a mile darg day and boy did it shift !!

I've seen this car advertised but don't understand the spec of these cars yet so don't know whether its a good buy or not ?

What do people think ? I don't just want a drag car but a useable road car too so maybe a twin turbo is better ?

Car for sale -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350356224804&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Any advice/recommendations appreciated !!

Simon

Thanks all -

Abz - budget up to 15K tops, preferably 12-13K.

Ricky49 - I'm in Worthing too, maybe I've seen your car around ?!

Sounds like the first car may not be worth looking at then, shame - I quite like the look of that !

Thanks all -

Sounds like the first car may not be worth looking at then, shame - I quite like the look of that !

I asked about it when I was looking a couple of months ago. Looks lovely in the pictures. I regularly go through Warrington so I don't mind casting an eye over it. It was at £14,995 about a month or so ago. It hasn't shifted so it's either over priced or it's not that good in the flesh.....;)

Why don't you see what Jurgen has available for a bit of piece of mind....!!

H.

first car looks great but for a single tubby with what looks like a decent sized turbo it doesnt produce much power :S

for your kind of money have a word with jurgen if you want a top notch car. but i dont think he could get you a single.

cant beat gaz's car though. bargain if you ask me!

What do people think ? I don't just want a drag car but a useable road car too so maybe a twin turbo is better ?

Any advice/recommendations appreciated !!

Simon

I would advise you to try a mildly modified twin turbo with nearly 400bhp they may be all you need and chosen will probably be very reliable. Singles are great if you want loads of power but you have to be more careful when buying one as the quality of the parts and build plays a massive part in how much hassle/downtime/cost you will or will not have during your period of ownership.........

I would advise you to try a mildly modified twin turbo with nearly 400bhp they may be all you need and chosen will probably be very reliable. Singles are great if you want loads of power but you have to be more careful when buying one as the quality of the parts and build plays a massive part in how much hassle/downtime/cost you will or will not have during your period of ownership.........

Sound advice there......however there are a few members cars on sale here that are well put together and looked after.... :)

You get what you pay for....

Thanks all -

Ok where abouts. I'm in Tarring it could of been me but there are a few of us in Worthing.

Sound advice there......however there are a few members cars on sale here that are well put together and looked after.... :)

You get what you pay for....

You should pay up as a member & take a look at imi's car as well, stunning car for a very good price!

:thumbs:

The car actually looks pretty good in real life, although it has been for sale for a long time... Car Planet seem to know what they are talking about when it comes to Supras, Im thinking of taking mine there to have the cams shimmed and head gasket done. They were very helpfull when I went down about a month ago.

Seems odd that its been for sale for along time.

What about autos ? Don't think I would want one but seen some for sale, can they handle the power ? Theres what appears to be a well known purple one for sale (just featured in a magazine) with an auto box.

What about autos ? Don't think I would want one but seen some for sale, can they handle the power ? Theres what appears to be a well known purple one for sale (just featured in a magazine) with an auto box.

Auto's can handle up to 500 BHP, though anything closer to that and ideally you should be looking at a Boost Logical Auto. Do bear in mind that one of the Boost Logic cars which is running over 1000 BHP has an auto box in it ;)

That would be Lee's i expect.