The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Or Skyline?

a98pmalcolm

Single Or Skyline  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Single Or Skyline

• Go Single And Keep The Supra
    • Get Your Dream car And Buy A R34 Skyline

Hay all. Its coming to the end of my list to do's with modifying my supra.

Now with my Supra I like it more and more everyday, but I was looking to sell it mid next year after I have saved up for a Nissan Skyline R34 GTR

The skyline is my favourite car but going single on the supra then keeping it for another year or 2 before inevitably buying a R34

To own a 650+ BHP car will be amazing and that’s what draws me to doing the conversion also the fantastic sound of the single turbo... wastegate etc. As a bonus.

I know you supra nut cases its an obvious decision and go single but from my point of view as a general lover of all cars do I save up and go single to experience owning a super car powered supra (which I wouldnt mind doing as I rather like my supra ;)) or put the money towards an R34??

I started a poll and it will be great to hear you thoughts

Thanks

Paul

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a soft spot for Skylines so get the R34.

Thats why I had my car resprayed I Nissan Bayside Blue :blush:

They do look so so nice:

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9810/skylinevp.jpg

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2395/03012010099.jpg

Also can we not throw NSX into the mix?

Haha nice idea but cant really see me in one bud...

Don't think the RB26 is any where near as reliable as the 2JZ. Go single :)

Totaly agree the 2JZ engine is a fantastic engine!! And many tuners with still say to this day its one of the best turboed engines available

No. it's not his dream car lol.

If It's your dream get a r34 but get a propper one in bayside blue :p.

Have to admit i wouldnt mind having another Baside Blue car ;) Especialy if it was a skyline :p But i wouldnt mind the Gun metal colour

A 650 bhp Supra will be much faster than a stock R34 GTR V-Spec. They show 0-60mph at 5.2 secs??

Well thas exactly the diliema. I mean i wouldnt be able to hold back and start fafing about with the R34 but i wouldnt mine a S Tune as there more power from the factory.... Z Tune would be uber cool but rare and £££££ But still not as powerful as a Single Supra

But the R34s are rather restricted from the factory.... That will be toyed with straight away...

only car i would sell my supra for is a bay side blue 34 gtr. if i single'd it would i feel the same? i dont know. the big thing here is would you prefer a car that would waste any other car(within certain circumstances). or do u go for a car that is truly an amazing car from stock but would be lacking in performance compared to the supra single!

i say do the supra, then if you want to change in a few years go for the gtr.

i would always be thinking "what would it be like to drive a 600Hp rwd beast like?"

hope that helps, lol

They're far more expensive to tune than a Supra, infact running costs are supposed to be substantially higher. CW has also expessed on several occasions that they rust pretty badly too.

I'd try and drive one first if you can.

The bayside blue is a bit common on the GTR for my liking, I've always prefered white, or money no option how about a NUR spec in Millenium Jade. :cool:

Have to admit i wouldnt mind having another Baside Blue car ;) Especialy if it was a skyline :p But i wouldnt mind the Gun metal colour

Well thas exactly the diliema. I mean i wouldnt be able to hold back and start fafing about with the R34 but i wouldnt mine a S Tune as there more power from the factory.... Z Tune would be uber cool but rare and £££££ But still not as powerful as a Single Supra

But the R34s are rather restricted from the factory.... That will be toyed with straight away...

Yeah not sure about the R34 but they did a limited run of R33's which made 0-60 mph in around 4 secs. Think it was called the 400R? That would be nice, very impressive factory power.

Always liked the GTR R32, 33, and 34's.

Looked at buying a R33 GTR in white prior to buying my Supra, I was disappointed with the performance from the factory car though when I test drove it.

Would still consider a R34 in white, but do like the smaller R35 its growing on me I must say.

Wheres that lottery slip too best get picking some decent numbers......

Don't think the RB26 is any where near as reliable as the 2JZ. Go single :)

If it's your dream car then you'll always want one, no matter what you do to the Supra.

Personally, I'd rather have a stock facelift VVTi Supra TT6 than an R34 GTR but its all down to the individual. :)

:yeahthat: