The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is about our cars. Makes us still love them

The Raven

I hate my car most days, not fixed, to slow, something not right about it.

Then i log on here and see someone elses and think, *thats just awesome* and get another push to continue with mine. People have built them from the ground up, had massive issues with engines, had to throw huge money at them and yet very very few have ever thrown in the towl. More often than not someone will leave the supra fold only to come back a year or so later.

I wonder if other clubs have the same affect. I cant see falling in love with a ford puma for example to this degree.

So what is it about these 15 year old council estate ferraris that will have me spending all weekend driving around getting parts, or someone spraying one at home, or stripping one down for a paint.

for me i think its down to the people in the club that i havnt thrown in the towel.I can honestly say ive made some good friends.Plus the feel when your sat in the car even though its sat on my drive is something undescribable.even people walking by the drive cant help but look at the car .

Agreed!

This community - the performance - its looks - the attention the car gets.

Makes for a winning combination

Definately reading this forum and seeing what people are doing helps me. I get anoyed at all the little rattles and noises it makes but then i can read a thread on people who have done a full nut and bolt rebuild and it makes me want to sort mine out and get it how i want it.

How many cars out there in this price range (TT6) where you could run 700-800+bhp on a stock engine and gearbox with just bolt on mods? i cant think of any.

They still look great if not chaved up, and the club scene is good, although the meets have seemed to be a bit quieter this year.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

I hate my car most days, not fixed, to slow, something not right about it.

Then i log on here and see someone elses and think, *thats just awesome* and get another push to continue with mine. People have built them from the ground up, had massive issues with engines, had to throw huge money at them and yet very very few have ever thrown in the towl. More often than not someone will leave the supra fold only to come back a year or so later.

I wonder if other clubs have the same affect. I cant see falling in love with a ford puma for example to this degree.

So what is it about these 15 year old council estate ferraris that will have me spending all weekend driving around getting parts, or someone spraying one at home, or stripping one down for a paint.

And that just my car Russ ;)

Yep It's a love hate thing. I have twice now been offered 12K+ (which is good money for a J-Spec TT BPU) for my car from Swedish buyers, the last only 4 weeks ago. I almost always get to the last minute and just can't let the thing go. I just can't find a car I like as much.

I fell out of love with the car and the club a year or so ago and looked for something else. There is anything really..!!

Even if you spend £100k on a car, you won't find a community like this and club spirit is in abundance, isn't it Monsween....:D

H.

That it is H, will get the pics of the active sent out today to you :)

Just look at it! :)

For me it's the looks and the power. Even if something went hugely wrong with it I still think I would keep it and fix it up rather than sell. My credit card has taken a serious beating with it but nobody wants to look back in 50 years with nothing of note to think back and enjoy.

I knew the car would get a bit of attention when I saw it and really that was not something I wanted as you hear horror stories of cars being keyed and such but tbh I quite like it now and have taken some complete strangers out in it :D

I was in Bristol this weekend and going past the cabot circus crossing fairly slowly in traffic and all of a sudden "fuuuuuuc*in ell" as a group of people saw it roll up. Unfortunately...I usually find its kids who give it the most attention "daddy daddy, look at that!", my parents neighbours kids were out taking pictures of it the other day.

But the best one has to be the bloke who said "excuse me have you heard of the computer game need for speed? because I see you have a supra and my little lad is trying to take actual photos of the cars in the game" that was cool :)

Then theres times when you are tootling about in it, clear road ahead with a nice tunnel and you give it the beans, always puts a smile on my face.

With as much fun as it is you forget about the 17mpg you get out of it:innocent: