roof aerial

supra matt

roof aerial or not  

21 members have voted

1. 1. roof aerial or not

• type 1
    • type 2
    • stop taking drugs

Well after taking the stock aerial out last time i did the car and fitting a windscreen one it never worked that well so have removed that and am on the hunt for a new one .

And as im redoing the car thought i might look at fitting a bmw - Audi type one im still not sure think it may ruin the lines of the car just after other peoples thoughts here are some pics .

type 1

type2

Edited by supra matt (see edit history)

Don't like it at all I'm afraid Matt, is a stubby (Steveo's talking about doing another group buy) aerial out of the running? Did you smooth the hole out last time?

yes smoothed the last one over mate i dont like them ever really :rolleyes: was not sure if one might grow on me but think they do mess up the lines of the car , Altho it would be done in the same colour as the car so would blend in some what .

Both look awful but type 2 looks less like a malformed penis.

lol

well believe it or not, it was just the wire itself. i'm not sure if the fact that the wire was touching the car all the way round was why it worked so well or what but it really was great reception. on saying that i am talking about an old mk3 xr3i that i modded but i'm sure something a bit more sophisticated could work using the same principle and it cant hurt to give it a bash while the car is in bits ;)

well believe it or not, it was just the wire itself. i'm not sure if the fact that the wire was touching the car all the way round was why it worked so well or what but it really was great reception. on saying that i am talking about an old mk3 xr3i that i modded but i'm sure something a bit more sophisticated could work using the same principle and it cant hurt to give it a bash while the car is in bits ;)

ya ill give it a try thanks mate ;)